JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Four Corners (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/four-corners-55/)
-   -   Jenny Creek JK run - July 29th (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/four-corners-55/jenny-creek-jk-run-july-29th-12044/)

Jake_Blues 07-16-2007 12:55 PM

Jenny Creek JK run - Canceled, Sorry!

I'd like to organize a JK run up Jenny Creek. This is a mild to moderate trail that even most stock vehicles should be able to make it up. You drive up the creek itself in several spots, lots of water play.

I am thinking the morning of Sunday, July 29th. By this time, the snow at the very top should be mostly/all melted.

The trail is about 20-25 miles west of Boulder.

Please let me know if you are interested, or know someone who would be.

-E

Old_School 07-16-2007 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jake_Blues (Post 131964)
I'd like to organize a JK run up Jenny Creek. This is a mild to moderate trail that even most stock vehicles should be able to make it up. You drive up the creek itself in several spots, lots of water play.

I am thinking the morning of Sunday, July 29th. By this time, the snow at the very top should be mostly/all melted.

-E

Sounds like fun. I been on the trail with my XR400 but not my Jeep. Kinda hesistant until I get some rock rails.

K9Jeeper 07-16-2007 09:13 PM

I'd love to, and thanks for the invite, but I've got to work a midnight shift into the morning on Sunday. :mad:

Angryitch 07-17-2007 07:36 AM

Looks like fun Jake. Please inform on where and what time to meet, as I am not familiar with the area at all.

Since we will be attending :eek2:OZZFEST 2007:eek2: the night before, not sure what shape I will be in for the run, but you never know. Thanks for the invite!

DirkDigler 07-17-2007 07:44 AM

Here's a pretty good representation of Jenny Creek for those unfamiliar. There are also directions.

http://hobojeepers.tripod.com/JennyCreek01.htm

I'll try and make it but am doing Holy Cross this weekend so if the Jeep is in one piece after that, I'll be there.

sgmrock 07-17-2007 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Jake_Blues (Post 131964)

-E

Appreciate the invite, but I am working that weekend.

Anyone up to a run this weekend? 22nd I am thinking....

swagginman 07-17-2007 09:56 AM

Thanks a ton for the invite. I'd love to but unable that weekend. I like this approach to organizing this. We should do more of it with all the places we should/could be going here.

Jake_Blues 07-17-2007 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by sgmrock (Post 132521)
Appreciate the invite, but I am working that weekend.

Anyone up to a run this weekend? 22nd I am thinking....

There is a run up Spring Creek (NOT Jenny Creek) on the 21st, I was pondering going on it. It is west of Denver outside Idaho Springs off I70. It's a fun trail, and can get technical in places.

-E

Jake_Blues 07-17-2007 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Angryitch (Post 132468)
Looks like fun Jake. Please inform on where and what time to meet, as I am not familiar with the area at all.

Since we will be attending :eek2:OZZFEST 2007:eek2: the night before, not sure what shape I will be in for the run, but you never know. Thanks for the invite!

I'll take a poll on where to meet up once I have an idea of who is coming and where they are coming from. Give everyone a few more days to respond yes or no.

-E

drojk 07-18-2007 06:53 AM

Thanks for the invite, I appreciate the time it took to look me up and send me a pm. Unfortunately I can't get up there that weekend, it's a long way from Durango.