Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Northern Utah/Ogden

Old 12-21-2009, 06:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Northern Utah/Ogden

Is the Jeep wave dead here??

I live up in the Ogden Valley, and I pass probably 15 cj/yj/tj/jk on my way into Ogden etc, and I am lucky to get 1 or 2 people wave back, or even notice me stopped next to them at a light.. ......

Granted, alot are full of highschool girls, and older women in fur coats... but has anyone else noticed there's not much in the way of waves?

My wife even waves and is like "whiskey tango foxtrot... nobody waves??"

We just moved here from Columbus, OH, and I was lucky if 1 or 2 people DIDNT wave

Matt.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:25 PM
JK Freak

Your right! Nobody waves down here in SLC either.....very few do....mostly the built rigs wave....alot of soccer moms here in Draper.....
Old 12-22-2009, 07:50 AM
JK Newbie

yeah :p

It's funny... there's 3 or 4 really well-built rigs here in the valley that I know of... and guess who drives em 95% of the time? :P I'm not going to make assumptions, but I've only ever seen either highschoolers driving em or seeing them packed to the gills with teenage girls. No waves. There's a guy with a built cj7 that is super friendly, but that's about it. :P I dont even drive a JK!
Old 12-22-2009, 10:35 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pssst
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/four-corners-55/utah-jk-forum-meet-n-greet-jan-14-a-111004/
Old 12-22-2009, 01:27 PM
JK Newbie

:P Look who posted most recent in the meet & greet thread =D Saw it last night and got to thinking about the details of this thread
Old 12-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pentz.7
:P Look who posted most recent in the meet & greet thread =D Saw it last night and got to thinking about the details of this thread
Awesome!!
Old 12-23-2009, 08:07 AM
JK Freak

Default the wave

I have noticed a serious decline in the wave as well and I really think it is due to SOME people being uhh how should I say snobs or stuck up. (I didn’t say all)

I have lived in salt lake my whole life and driven Jeeps my whole life and ALL jeepers used to wave to each other but for some reason it seems since jeeps have become so popular that we are getting people that shouldn’t be Jeepers and then it is infecting others.
when I first noticed this was when the TJ came out, it seemed a lot of guys driving them thought they were to cool to wave to me in my YJ after awhile I also got a TJ and suddenly they started waving to me and now that I have a JK it seems I am not worthy of a wave any more.

Anyway, it just seems some Jeepers have separated into CJ, TJ, JK, buggy, etc.. groups and if you don’t drive what they do you don’t get the wave.

I may be completely wrong but this is the conclusion I have come too.

Quick Reply: Northern Utah/Ogden