JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Fun in the Sun (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/fun-sun-98/)
-   -   Go Topless Day 2016 Galveston Tx (Crystal Beach) (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/fun-sun-98/go-topless-day-2016-galveston-tx-crystal-beach-333849/)

Rubi-josh 05-17-2016 06:56 AM

Go Topless Day 2016 Galveston Tx (Crystal Beach)

20 Attachment(s)
Anyone else go? Post your pics here!

SH0RTBUS 05-17-2016 07:01 AM

Might have to next year! Been a while since I've had the Jeep on the beach. And haven't been to Crystal beach in years!

Rubi-josh 05-17-2016 07:05 AM

This was our second year to go. Last year my son was 5 and daughter was about to be 2. This year they started asking, talking, bugging me about it months ago. We had so much fun again. My daughter sat in my lap for hours beside my jeep in a beach chair waving as people went by. The weather was perfect, water was smooth and even glass early in the morning. I asked my kids what was their favorite part. My son said catching crabs (not like that you sickos lol) and my daughter said watching the jeeps go by. That's my girl! Cant wait until next year.... by then I might have the 3.5 RK or 4 inch Currie and the 37's I want.... :cool:

SH0RTBUS 05-17-2016 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Rubi-josh (Post 4217208)
This was our second year to go. Last year my son was 5 and daughter was about to be 2. This year they started asking, talking, bugging me about it months ago. We had so much fun again. My daughter sat in my lap for hours beside my jeep in a beach chair waving as people went by. The weather was perfect, water was smooth and even glass early in the morning. I asked my kids what was their favorite part. My son said catching crabs (not like that you sickos lol) and my daughter said watching the jeeps go by. That's my girl! Cant wait until next year.... by then I might have the 3.5 RK or 4 inch Currie and the 37's I want.... :cool:

My son is almost 7 and my daughter's 14 months. So next year for sure. We're from the Galveston area originally...just don't get down that way much. Like Denton MUCH better!

Are you having a shop do your lift, etc.? If not, I don't have a lot of tools, but I've done a few installs. Happy to help.

Rubi-josh 05-17-2016 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by RubiBus (Post 4217215)
My son is almost 7 and my daughter's 14 months. So next year for sure. We're from the Galveston area originally...just don't get down that way much. Like Denton MUCH better!

Are you having a shop do your lift, etc.? If not, I don't have a lot of tools, but I've done a few installs. Happy to help.

Awesome! I like Denton too. We live up in Sanger. I have been going to Galveston all my life and love that place. I have done all the lifts on my Jeeps (this is #8)except this last one because a friend of mine owns Truxx in Denton on University. Now that im getting older the idea of spending the weekend installing the lift (if I can find a free weekend away from baseball/football with my son) doesn't sound to fun anymore, especially if my buddies shop can hook me up.

agentjohnson 05-17-2016 08:07 AM

Wife and I missed it this year. We were down the weekend before, didn't realize topless day was coming up so soon! Next year we'll be there for sure!

SH0RTBUS 05-17-2016 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Rubi-josh (Post 4217219)
Awesome! I like Denton too. We live up in Sanger. I have been going to Galveston all my life and love that place. I have done all the lifts on my Jeeps (this is #8)except this last one because a friend of mine owns Truxx in Denton on University. Now that im getting older the idea of spending the weekend installing the lift (if I can find a free weekend away from baseball/football with my son) doesn't sound to fun anymore, especially if my buddies shop can hook me up.

I assume you probably know Mike Wills then, huh? Are you part of LSJC? haven't been out with those guys in about a year. Hell, I haven't been out at all since April of last year. Need to hit up Bridgeport soon just to get wheeling again!

Rubi-josh 05-17-2016 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by RubiBus (Post 4217235)
I assume you probably know Mike Wills then, huh? Are you part of LSJC? haven't been out with those guys in about a year. Hell, I haven't been out at all since April of last year. Need to hit up Bridgeport soon just to get wheeling again!

I have only met Mike once. I am friends with Steve. Not in any Jeep clubs. Haven't been wheeling since I went to Gilmer with some friends, ran out of money, ended up cooking a 5 lb slab of hamburger meat on a Toyota skid plate on a fire, ran out of water, pinched a break line, had no money for gas to get home. My future father in law at the time drove all the way from Sanger to pick me up with a trailer. Hadn't eaten in a day, covered in red dirt. He still brings up how stupid I was.... Oh to be 19 again.... That was in my 2000 TJ. :doh:

SH0RTBUS 05-17-2016 12:00 PM

Okay.....we gotta' get you in the rocks! I'll hit you up net time I roll out that way.