JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Fun in the Sun (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/fun-sun-98/)
-   -   What do you sleep on in Jeep? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/fun-sun-98/what-do-you-sleep-jeep-234188/)

cyclone.1983 05-30-2012 07:49 AM

What do you sleep on in Jeep?

So over the past few years I have gone through prob about 5 air mattresses while sleeping in my jeep. They were the cheaper colemans that cost prob 30 bucks.

This year, I was going to try and find an alternative. What do you guys sleep on. My g/f has to be comfortable, so softness is key.

I wondered if maybe a better mattress would not puncture as easily? Or what are some alternatives?

Wendy.Jeepchick 05-30-2012 08:03 AM

I'm sorry, but HOW IN THE WORLD do you sleep in your Jeep?!?

cyclone.1983 05-30-2012 08:06 AM

haha ive slept in every jeep ive had (2 wranglers and a liberty)

Just fill up the air mattress and it contours to the back of the jeep *(seat folded down)

Climb in and count sheep. I almost always have a girl in there with me, I think there is plenty of room. Plus it saves setup and tear down of tents, protects you from weather and from animals intent on either eating you or making you itchy.

Snowbrder086 05-30-2012 08:12 AM

...I hope you have a 4 door haha

cyclone.1983 05-30-2012 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Snowbrder086 (Post 3042333)
...I hope you have a 4 door haha

haha ya I do, I do know people on exped forums that sleep in 2 doors however.

I know there is hundreds of people on here that sleep in there jeep while camping.

Erok 05-30-2012 08:24 AM

Since I switched to a self-inflatable sleeping pad (not an air mattress), I will never go back to air mattresses. These pads hold their air all night, and are very comfortable. They self-inflate enough when you unroll them, that you could probably sleep on them as-is, but I spend another 15 seconds to puff them up nice and firm.

I got the REI 3.5" sleeping pad- you can go thinner, but my 38-year-old spine thanks me for this. I can set this right on a rock (I actually slept outdoors on concrete with this pad and woke up refreshed).

REI Camp Bed 3.5 Self-Inflating Pad

They also sell a cheap kit that straps one pad to a second pad, making a dual sleeper if you have a companion. Just keeps the pads from sliding apart. My girl and I have identical pads and sleeping bags which zip together so it's easy to go solo or make a big bed for the two of us.

cyclone.1983 05-30-2012 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by jahbone (Post 3042351)
Since I switched to a self-inflatable sleeping pad (not an air mattress), I will never go back to air mattresses. These pads hold their air all night, and are very comfortable. They self-inflate enough when you unroll them, that you could probably sleep on them as-is, but I spend another 15 seconds to puff them up nice and firm.

I got the REI 3.5" sleeping pad- you can go thinner, but my 38-year-old spine thanks me for this. I can set this right on a rock (I actually slept outdoors on concrete with this pad and woke up refreshed).

REI Camp Bed 3.5 Self-Inflating Pad

They also sell a cheap kit that straps one pad to a second pad, making a dual sleeper if you have a companion. Just keeps the pads from sliding apart. My girl and I have identical pads and sleeping bags which zip together so it's easy to go solo or make a big bed for the two of us.

Those seem nice, I read the reviews that all said they were great, however $250 for 2 pads is a little more than I would want to spend.

Croce 05-30-2012 10:14 AM

I just went camping and was able to fit a single size matress in the back. Never slept so comfortably while camping
you do need to move the front seats up all the way for it to fit nicely though

Rgk401 05-30-2012 04:34 PM

If used a futon mattress for my 2 door. I just put the back seats up and throw it back there.. I do this for when I'm fishing at night in the hunting club. Works for me!!

StuFarmer 05-30-2012 04:55 PM

I just recline my seat....My dog Otis gets the back to himself.