Notices
General Junk If you've got non-JK related stuff that you want to get rid of, please post them for sale in this forum.

Offroad Camping Trailer with Roof Top Tent

Old 10-11-2016, 04:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Offroad Camping Trailer with Roof Top Tent

Custom built offroad camping and expedition trailer. I starting building it in 2013, camped in it the first time Spring of 2014, added current tent and metal rack in early 2016. I have used it 2-4 times a year since 2014. Selling my matching Jeep so really don't need it anymore. Asking $2900 as you see it pictured. Or will separate for $2500 for just the trailer and $750 for just the tent.

It pulls great, looks awesome, is rock solid structurally and is a very off road capable camper that can follow you on any trail or overland adventure. Tent is spacious, easy to setup, comfortable and beats sleeping on the ground any day! Everything is in great condition.

Trailer base size is 4' wide x 6' long. Tongue is another 4' long (so total length of 10' from pintle to tail light). Overall width of ~ 6' accounting for width of tires. Not sure of the weight but I'd guesstimate it weights ~ 650-750lbs empty. My lawn mower can easily pull it around my slopped yard - so it can't be all that heavy.

Top part of tent can sleep 1-2, lower room can sleep at least one adult and 1-2 kids. No major leaks in tent or cargo box. Stored under a lean to or cover all its life.

You will not find a commercially built one of equal quality for less then $5,000 new. Priced accordingly to reflect that its a DIY build and in used condition. Title in hand. You'll need to register and transfer plates.

Specs and features include:

TRAILER
-- Frame is from a Harbor Freight trailer kit: http://www.harborfreight.com/1720-lb...ler-62671.html.
-- Made of 3" channel metal, bolted and welded for extra strength (converted from original 4' x 8' size to 4' x 6').
-- Trailer deck is 4' x 6' pressure treated plywood bedlined black.
-- Axle is custom sized Dexter heavy duty 3500lb axle.
-- Original HBF 1800lb+ 3 leaf springs on each side.
-- 5x5 wheel hubs (fit any Jeep Wrangler 2007+ wheels).
-- Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon 17" MOAB wheels plasti-dipped black (5 on 5 bolt pattern).
-- BFG Mud Terrain T/A 32" tires (255/75/17 off a stock Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon).
-- Full size spare tire and wheel.
-- Plus an extra 4th BFG Mud Terrain 32" tire (no wheel - not mounted).
-- 2" hitch receivers in front for pintle eye.
-- 2" hitch receiver in rear for a bike rack, cargo basket, etc.
-- Pintle eye for front receiver with heavy duty safety chains.
-- Pintle hook for your vehicle.
-- LED taillights, side marker lights and reflectors all around.
-- Standard trailer wiring plug.
-- 4 Atwood stabilizer legs.
-- Pro Series A-frame jack with FastWay Flip Jack Foot.

CARGO STORAGE
-- Cargo box sits on top of trailer deck. It was handmade from high quality, marine grade/water resistant 1/2" Baltic Birch and 3/8" Okoume wood. Measures 48" wide x 56" long x 22" tall.
-- Cargo box is split into two sections. A large back compartment with fold down door that is 47" wide x 38" deep x 21" tall. Then a smaller front compartment with two swing open cabinet style doors that is 47" wide x 16" deep x 21" tall.
-- All 3 doors have hinges, adjustable latches and are lockable.
-- Exterior of cargo box is bedlined with Durabak bedliner coating and painted black.
-- Custom 1.25" tube metal rack (removable) added this year above the cargo box.
-- Rack has tent mount section and a cargo basket area in the back.
-- Since cargo box is only 56" long, there is an extra 16" of deck platform at front for gear.

ROOF TOP TENT
-- Roof top tent is a few years old and was originally on an $15k+ CampaUSA ATT offroad camper. I purchased it used and replaced my original smaller tent.
-- Tent includes optional annex/changing room to create a fully enclosed lower level with rubber floor (removable).
-- Top area of tent were mattress would go is 48" wide x 96" deep and 48" tall at the peak.
-- Lower room area of tent is 6' x 6' at the ground. 7' tall when you first walk in up to 8' towards the peak. The area in the lower room that is actually under the top platform is 62" tall.
-- It is used so shows signs of wear but overall in good condition. Has a zipper section that is sewn closed, some dirt/marks on it, no major leaks, tears, etc.
-- Has had all seams sealed but I recommend sealing the whole tent again with spray on Scotch Guard type stuff as it hasn't been done in the last year. I have some seam sealer included also.
-- Tent frame is aluminum and floor is PVC.
-- NO mattress included. I planned to order one from http://www.foambymail.com/custom-foam-mattresses.html. They are ~ $100 depending on the quality you want. I have used a single size air mattress my last two trips instead.
-- New 10' x 18' green tarp with 4 adjustable poles and guy lines that create a rainfly and large awning/covered porch area also.
-- Heavy duty tent travel cover. Cover has some cracks that need to be patched to make it waterproof again. I recommend patching/sealing it (or just replacing it if you plan to store it outside when not in use).
-- Lightweight water resistant full trailer storage cover.
-- Collapsible aluminum ladder attached to tent platform to access top area of tent.
-- All windows and doors are double layer and have outside flap and inside bug netting.
-- Lots of storage pockets, hooks/loops to hang stuff in tent.

OTHER ACCESSORIES
-- 10 leveling blocks with carry bag.
-- 4 wheel chocks.
-- Heavy duty "Little Giant" step ladder mounted on side (I'm a big guy so the included aluminum ladder doesn't cut it for me!).
-- Ax and Shovel mounted on side with QuickFist clamps.

Also selling my Rubicon that I used to tow this with. See that at https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jeep...imited-337521/

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0800.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	658691

Name:	IMG_0809.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	658692

Name:	IMG_0813.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	192.7 KB
ID:	658693

More pics here: http://imgur.com/a/DhUgv

Last edited by fishhouse; 10-20-2016 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by fishhouse
Custom built 4' x 6' metal frame trailer, marine grade wood cargo box with lots room and metal rack for additional storage and a big roof top tent. Includes everything you need to start 4x4 expedition camping.

More details at Offroad Camping Trailer with Roof Top Tent.

Also selling my Rubicon that I used to tow this with. See that at https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jeep...imited-337521/

Attachment 658691

Attachment 658692

Attachment 658693
Fantastic setup. If I can get my other house sold, I'd like to try and talk the wife into this.

GLWS
Old 10-12-2016, 05:43 AM
JK Newbie

Old 10-16-2016, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

What are you asking for it?
Old 10-16-2016, 03:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Treader
What are you asking for it?
$2900 for the combo. $2500 for just the trailer and $750 for just the tent.

Last edited by fishhouse; 10-20-2016 at 07:03 PM.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:11 PM
JK Newbie

That trailer is great, absolutely perfect!!!!
Old 10-20-2016, 07:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JRob25
That trailer is great, absolutely perfect!!!!
Thanks man!
Old 12-06-2016, 06:26 PM
JK Newbie

Still available?
Nice set up!

Quick Reply: Offroad Camping Trailer with Roof Top Tent