Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Cincy Mod Party in the next few weeks anyone?

Old 03-11-2011, 12:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cincy Mod Party in the next few weeks anyone?

It is on it's way! Pulled the trigger on an OME HD kit with spacers and Nitrocharger Sport shocks and JKS track bars. Installations are fun when shared by many..especially if they know what they are doingWho wants to have a mod party in Cincinnati? I'll supply the beer! Oh and I have standard tools as well.

Chris
Old 03-11-2011, 02:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been running the OME for 2 years and its great! If Cinci wasn't so far away I would be there with tools to boot.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:18 PM
JK Newbie

It seems like a really straight forward install. Let me know if there are any watch outs!

Chris
Old 03-12-2011, 07:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the sports are different than the LT's if you have the long travels there is a lot of things to do.

If I remember right the only pointers are keep the sway bars disconnected and the track bars off that lets the axle drop fully and the springs slide right in. Watch your break and ABS lines at full axle drop. Then pick up a heavy duty ratchet strap from TSC $17 if you don't have one this allows you pull your axle back into place and hook your track bars back up. If I remember correctly about 3/8" longer than stock will get you very close.

Old 03-26-2011, 03:00 PM
JK Newbie

Don't mind my resurrection of the thread. Just wanted to shout out to Cincy peeps. Riding a 2010 2dr mango that I picked up a few weeks back.

Haven't done any mods yet, mostly doing some comfort stuff first. Power Locks, cruise and the such.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you still need help Im game
Old 04-08-2011, 01:09 PM
JK Newbie

Lift installed last week and it rides great. I got about 3.75 inches out of the lift. I will be in if anyone is having a mod party in the future. Lot's of fun.!

Cheers,

Chris

Quick Reply: Cincy Mod Party in the next few weeks anyone?