Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Good dealer service in Dayton OH?

Old 04-04-2018, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good dealer service in Dayton OH?

Hi All Great Lakes peeps! Writing from Philly here.....
My son is a student at University of Dayton and I will be letting him take my 2013 JK to use while he's doing an internship semester in Dayton. I've taught him to check fluids, tire pressure - the basics - but I'm looking for a reliable (no rip-off) dealer to perform basic maintenance (oil changes and tire rotation only, most likely) without lies, upselling, etc to this young, green customer. Do you all have any recommendations for the Dayton area? FWIW, he'll be working in Vandalia, so I guess it could be anywhere in the greater Dayton area.....
Thanks!!
Old 04-10-2018, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP here. No replies in a week makes me wonder if there aren't any notably good dealers out there for service.
Two follow-up questions, then:

1) Any notably BAD dealers I should stay away from for service?
2) Any good independent service shops for a stock JK?

Thanks!
Old 04-17-2018, 03:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just seeing this. Congrats on your son going to school here. Dave Dennis in Beavercreek Ohio on Col Glenn BLVD is a good place for him to take your rig if needed
Old 04-18-2018, 06:30 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

I think the lack of responses could be 1) hard to get feedback to specific geographic locations, and 2) most members are very weary about going to dealers for minor things. Nice that MTNBKR chimed in above.

I have a couple teens about to start driving....and it just makes me think about all the little things and accumulated knowledge that we parents try to pass on down to our kids. Last night I bought something off Craigslist and found myself explaining to my son the concept of no, or very little "downside risk" in the purchase. LOL. I'll soon be in the position of explaining all things automotive care related to them as well. What a nice parent to let him take your jeep! LOL, My son always asks me how long I think my jeep is going to last.....to which I respond...."you're not getting it!"

Quick Reply: Good dealer service in Dayton OH?