Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Michigan (and surrounding areas) BS thread

Old 02-17-2017, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cedarraider
Time to revive the sleeping thread. Tow events coming up for me so far this year is the blessing of the Jeep's I'm Mesick I'm May and the jeep end on drummond island in July. Both are great events and I can't wait to hit the island again.Attachment 666337
I put almost 120 miles on that weekend between the state trails and turtle ridge and never hit any real mud. There were a couple spots that could be pretty hairy if it was early in the season or after some pretty heavy rain. This pic was the last day on the island and I stayed pretty mud free. Ive seen some of those videos too, namely the heartland episode from wayalife and never saw any mud like that. But I'm pretty sure that was on a trail in turtle ridge.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bman
I've been wanting to get up to Drummond myself, what concerns me are the youtube videos that I've been watching of the trails on the island. Every video I've watched thus far has been of jeeps plowing through the mud...deep mud. I would love to hit those rock climbs and the trails but the mud is just not my thing.

Is this just people seeking out the muddiest spots and hitting them because "mud is cool", could I avoid the pits and low spots or is getting real dirty just part of the deal??

Thanks
A friend and I went in August. Just about zero mud. There was the water crossing that was really fun but, again, no mud. Without watching any videos at the moment, all I can think of with the mud is that is at the Turtle Ridge Off Road Park. We didn't go there for that specific reason. The routes on Drummond are separate from Turtle Ridge.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah turtle ridge is where a lot of the mud is I believe. There is a ton of different terrain there. The pic I posted is from there and it was pretty dry as well we were there last weekend of July but there are some tank traps on the way back from shale beach on state trails that are pretty rough as well. Our group rescued a jeep from one of them that pretty much has a 2 door swallowed up.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I will be heading to Drummond on Aug 5, just for a day trip. I plan to arrive about 10:30 am and run some trails, get to Marblehead and other parts, and head out about 5:00 ish. I'm not sure what I'll get accomplished but that's ok.

I just started to look at the map and was thinking about doing a circle something like I drew on the map below. Starting at the parking area in the south because according to my brother we are trailering it in. I would just drive it up there but hey, it's his truck/trailer so what do I care ðŸ‘

Attachment 671438
Old 05-11-2017, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Can you see the attachment? Sorry, not used to garage talk, I just started using it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo962.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	671439  
Old 05-11-2017, 10:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah I can see it. I'll be there just ahead of you. I'll be there the last weekend of July. There are tons of trails and all kinds of stuff to see. I'll try to remember to get a report on the trails for you.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cedarraider
Yeah I can see it. I'll be there just ahead of you. I'll be there the last weekend of July. There are tons of trails and all kinds of stuff to see. I'll try to remember to get a report on the trails for you.
That would be awesome, thanks,

I've recently spent a lot of time and money upgrading to an aftermarket D44 with lockers front and rear. I'm really excited to test it out.

Thanks again
Old 05-11-2017, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll be doing the same in the next year or so. The front locker will be life changing.
Old 08-03-2017, 04:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm getting pretty excited about this weekend. Headed up to St Helen and then Drummond Island for a little adventure. Hopefully the weather holds out for me!!
Old 09-01-2017, 04:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool New to Forum

New Jeep Owner In Kalamazoo Mi. Heading to South Haven this weekend.

Cheers
J