Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Minnesota's ramble on and on thread.

Old 12-23-2016, 12:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in the same way, running 35's with 3.73. Down here a lot more hills and not so much flat as up there. We drive it up to Rochester during the winter season then car for summer trips up there. Gas is not good for 4.56 going up there till Iowa and then OK. Nothing wrong with 4.10's if you don't plan of 37's ever. Send Bubba a pm and see if he knows someone or check with the Jeep club there in the Twin Cities as they might know where one is.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I decided I am going to stick with my current axles and just regear to 4.10's. I don't see myself going to 37's with this jeep. Maybe the next one, if there is a next one.

So my new question is: In the south/southwest metro, is there a reasonable and reputable shop that you'd recommend for regearing. It is definitely not something I trust to do myself. I would be doing this before my next Moab trip so I have several months to get it done...

Thanks again!
Old 01-18-2017, 02:23 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by emtgreg
I decided I am going to stick with my current axles and just regear to 4.10's. I don't see myself going to 37's with this jeep. Maybe the next one, if there is a next one.

So my new question is: In the south/southwest metro, is there a reasonable and reputable shop that you'd recommend for regearing. It is definitely not something I trust to do myself. I would be doing this before my next Moab trip so I have several months to get it done...

Thanks again!
Zues offroad in shackopee.

Quick Reply: Minnesota's ramble on and on thread.