JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Great Lakes (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/great-lakes-48/)
-   -   Rocky Mountain High Jeep Adventure August 2012 Ouray/Silverton/Telluride (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/great-lakes-48/rocky-mountain-high-jeep-adventure-august-2012-ouray-silverton-telluride-201971/)

WillyWonka10 10-28-2011 07:11 AM

Rocky Mountain High Jeep Adventure August 2012 Ouray/Silverton/Telluride

I am posting this up a little early but I want to give everybody time to save up the money.

Information:
Last year I bought my jeep put a lift on it with 33's and decided the maiden voyage offroading had to be colorado so me and one of my friends just in my jeep and took off for a week adventure in Ouray Colorado. So I decided I need to make this a Yearly event!!! It does cost alot in gas but it is so worth it!!!! when you are sitting on top of a mountain at 13,000 ft you dont think about the gas it took to get there.

Plans:
1.The Dates Have been Set!!!!!! August 2nd-18th I personally am going to be taking roughly 2 weeks of vacation One week with everybody in Colorado and next week will be down in Arizona by the Grand Canyon

2. The plan is to leave on Friday Morning Drive straight through to Golden Colorado Stay the night in golden the reason for this is it breaks up the trip. After being on the road for 18 hrs trust me you will be very thirsty!!!!!!

3. We will wake up in the morning this is where we will vote does anybody want to do anything around golden. (Pikes peak, Garden of the gods, Coors tour, Etc.)

4. Drive to Ouray Colorado!!! this is such a beautiful Drive down Million Dollar highway it is about a 6 hr drive from Golden to Ouray but the views are amazing and does not feel like a 6 hr drive what so ever.

5. Once we arrive in Ouray of course there are going to be people that want to stay in hotels or want to be in a camp ground instead I will put more information below. those who want to camp will come with me the trail getting to the campsite is very rocky and its about a 20 min cruise up engineer pass we will be camping at about 10,000 feet in elevation (No Cell phone service, No bathrooms, No electricity, roughing it)

6. The next day we will all meet up at the only gas station in town and we will talk about the trails we would like to run that day.

Hotels/Campsite information (Golden/Ouray)

Golden Colorado Hotel (I have stayed at this place before it is very nice and walking distance to bars):
http://www.tablemountaininn.com/

Ouray Hotel/RV Park campground:

To many hotels to list here is the google link for all of the hotels in ouray: http://www.google.com/search?q=ouray...e2g6g-v2&aql=1

Camp Grounds for people with RV's (Rv's will not fit down the trail to go to the Campsite at 10,000 feet- http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&gs...e&ved=0CBcQtgM

kjohn 10-28-2011 07:51 AM

Sounds interesting!

WillyWonka10 10-28-2011 07:54 AM

I am going to try to talk to eddie maybe they can head on over and maybe show us some stuff that we would never be able to find out there... :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by kjohn (Post 2616696)
Sounds interesting!

kjohn 10-28-2011 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by WillyWonka10 (Post 2616697)
I am going to try to talk to eddie maybe they can head on over and maybe show us some stuff that we would never be able to find out there... :thumbsup:

That would make it even better!

brother ika 10-28-2011 08:29 AM

This sounds interesting! if I do this I would leave Thursday and drive to Chicagoland area (5 hour drive), stay in a hotel near where you live Willywonka10 (if that's ok with you) then meet up with you Friday morning somewhere to continue on with you and whoever else is with you.

Would that be alright with you Williywonka10?

Thanks,

David

WillyWonka10 10-28-2011 08:45 AM

Yes you are more than welcome to come along Brotha!!! what every works for you works for me who ever wants to be in the convoy out there is more than welcome to join with us we are going to be taking 80 west thru nebraska. I will post up close to the time we are going to be heading out the cb channel and my cell phone so while we are on a roll you can let me know where you are at and I can let you know where we are so we can figure out a time we can meet up while we are on a roll. I would love to have as many people come along with this trip because if you have never been out in the ouray area you are in for a treat!!!. Most of you dont know how I roll with trips well we are going to go with the flow on this trip its an adventure/ expedition who knows what craziness will happen along the way... But I gurantee this nobody is ever left to fend for themselfs... We are are all on vacation and there to enjoy the trails and the beautiful scenery and we are all spending money to head on out to colorado..... So there is no Crying in Jeeping!!!!! :rotflmao2:

I might be posting this up a litttle early also but might as well get it off my chest now WOOOT!!!! I am already looking forward to the trip!!!!!

Originally Posted by brother ika (Post 2616771)
This sounds interesting! if I do this I would leave Thursday and drive to Chicagoland area (5 hour drive), stay in a hotel near where you live Willywonka10 (if that's ok with you) then meet up with you Friday morning somewhere to continue on with you and whoever else is with you.

Would that be alright with you Williywonka10?

Thanks,

David

Warpedguy77 10-28-2011 09:05 AM

You already know I'm in!

Any chance we could head through Nebraska so we can hit ft Collins and stop at New Belgium Brewery to go on a tour? It's worth doing! It's a magical land of sweets and goodness!

mdavis735 10-28-2011 09:47 AM

I already have a vacation planned in Silverton.hopefully there will be 3 or 4 of my family members there as well.only thing is I have it planned for the last full week in July. That way black bear pass should be open,but I can take my daughter. She starts school the first part of August.

WillyWonka10 10-28-2011 10:09 AM

Now thats what I am talking about!!! Rolling with it attitude.... shoot i dont care if we hit every single brewery between here and Colorado...

Mark,

What we could do it follow 80 into wyoming which turns into route 30 then cut south on 25 and we will head straight into Ft collins Colorado hit the brewery and then it is only a 1 hr and 19 min drive south to golden. if we time it right we can even hit coors brewery for a tour... two breweries in one day!!!! :beer:

Originally Posted by Warpedguy77 (Post 2616832)
You already know I'm in!

Any chance we could head through Nebraska so we can hit ft Collins and stop at New Belgium Brewery to go on a tour? It's worth doing! It's a magical land of sweets and goodness!

WillyWonka10 10-28-2011 10:14 AM

Have you ever been out that way before? if not let me know if you need any information on some good trails that you can do with the family... You should be good for black bear for the last week of July but it all depends on how much show they get this year changes all the time...
:beer:

Originally Posted by mdavis735 (Post 2616895)
I already have a vacation planned in Silverton.hopefully there will be 3 or 4 of my family members there as well.only thing is I have it planned for the last full week in July. That way black bear pass should be open,but I can take my daughter. She starts school the first part of August.