Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Concealed Carry now allowed at CU

Old 03-06-2012, 12:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Concealed Carry now allowed at CU

YAY! Finally justice prevails! The Colorado supreme court ruled that Colorado University does not have the authority to go against state law and ban citizens with legal CCW permits from carrying on campus! Who wants to join me for a round?

Old 03-06-2012, 12:26 AM
JK Newbie

Don't drink, don't live in Colorado, but love every time a gun law is reversed. Good job Colorado
Old 03-06-2012, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome man, now you can protect yourself and other classmates while going to school! It should be like that every where.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

I need to get out of CA, Colorado sounds nice. Especially for hunting shooting and 4x4
Old 03-06-2012, 08:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That's awesome, well, unless you're one of the lunatics that likes to shoot kids in schools. . .

It sucks when da gummint tries a little too hard to get up in our business...
Old 03-06-2012, 10:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's always comforting to know that there are still rational & reasonable persons in power in this world when our gun rights, which were written long ago by our (very thoughtful) forefathers who knew about the importance of free armed citizens, defeat the stupidity & ignorance of those who attempt to take them away. Anyone who believes that by prohibiting law abiding CCW permitted citizens from carrying in certain locations, that this will somehow also deter the criminal element, ought to have their sanity questioned.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by grundiesel
I need to get out of CA, Colorado sounds nice. Especially for hunting shooting and 4x4
Nevada is good too but I am biased Colorado is great hunting country, nearly took out a herd of elk when I was on vacation there. Now that was a nearly midnight surprise. Thankfully there was a car coming the other way which made me think I was approaching a railroad crossing. All I could see was the breaks in the heard it was freaking HUGE! Think we honestly sat there for about 2 min. Long enough to get out of the jeep and say WOW!
Old 03-06-2012, 01:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is an awesome breakthrough. I hope to heavens states/campus's/schools across the country follow CU's stride.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Incognito
It's always comforting to know that there are still rational & reasonable persons in power in this world when our gun rights, which were written long ago by our (very thoughtful) forefathers who knew about the importance of free armed citizens, defeat the stupidity & ignorance of those who attempt to take them away. Anyone who believes that by prohibiting law abiding CCW permitted citizens from carrying in certain locations, that this will somehow also deter the criminal element, ought to have their sanity questioned.
Exactly! Limiting law abiding citizens does nothing for the criminal with the true intent to commit a crime. Just because it's illegal doesn't mean it will stop them. That's why we have police still!
Old 03-08-2012, 06:48 AM
JK Newbie

I love when people say, "But what does an assault rifle have to do with hunting". Answer: Absolutely nothing nor was the second amendment written to allow you to possess weapons to hunt. It was written to insure that citizens were able maintain weapons similar to what the military has at the time to insure against a tyrannical government. Being former military and doing the job that I do now in the East Los Angeles area, I can tell you from frontline experience gun laws do not affect criminals ability to access firearms not firs it affect their decision to use them. Only people it prevents from owning them is me and you and we're not the ones going to go rob a bank.

Quick Reply: Concealed Carry now allowed at CU