Notices
Stock JL Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JL Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Power retractable top feature spied on JLU Wrangler

Old 04-19-2017, 05:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Power retractable top feature spied on JLU Wrangler

Didn't see this one coming! Power retractable top (think MySky from Renegade) spotted on the JLU.

First Look: New Wrangler Roof With Possible MySky-Like Power Retractable Top | 2018+ Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JT) - Pickup Truck, Unlimited, Sport - JLwranglerforums.com
Old 04-19-2017, 06:30 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,585 Posts

Some method of sliding the freedom top portion up and over the rear hard top might be nice, but power it and it's just one more motor that can malfunction. When I really think about it, the way that the freedom tops come off is kind of a pain. It creates a storage issue....as in where do you put them. I have a place they sit on my hard top lift, but it would be a lot more convenient if the freedom portion popped up slightly (as 1 piece) and slid over the rear portion rather than just come off completely. It only takes me a few minutes to get my hard top on/off, but half the time is probably messing with the freedom panels.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
Some method of sliding the freedom top portion up and over the rear hard top might be nice, but power it and it's just one more motor that can malfunction. When I really think about it, the way that the freedom tops come off is kind of a pain. It creates a storage issue....as in where do you put them. I have a place they sit on my hard top lift, but it would be a lot more convenient if the freedom portion popped up slightly (as 1 piece) and slid over the rear portion rather than just come off completely. It only takes me a few minutes to get my hard top on/off, but half the time is probably messing with the freedom panels.
I think the mysky power top will be a premium option and won't be completely removable. For complete removal there'll still be the standard freedom top and the soft top.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:16 AM
JK-Forum Editor

Default Front page coverage

Front page news...
https://www.jk-forum.com/articles/ne...re-power-roof/
Old 04-24-2017, 07:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Umm, nope. Sorry.
Truely hope that is just an option.
I have multiple top options now. All are a pain to swap but a power retractible option is one I would not opt for.
Would have no issues if it was simply an option that did not interfere with removable options.
Old 05-29-2017, 04:23 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the video. I think this could grow on me and actually be enjoyable.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The way it mounts to the structure, I don't see how they will be able to offer the traditional soft top as well. It seems too integrated. I've heard they will remain an entirely open-air vehicle. And I've heard they are doing away with the sport bar. I'm pretty certain they won't have 2 different roof structures. It will be interesting.

Quick Reply: Power retractable top feature spied on JLU Wrangler