Notices
Jeep Liberty Overall Jeep Liberty technical discussions. This includes all Jeep Liberty models.

2011 Jeep Patriot

Old 12-09-2018, 06:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Jeep Patriot

I may be in the wrong place...idk? But I have had an issue that I hoped someone could shed some light on. So far it's happened about 5 times in the last two months. In the early morning hours, while close to or at freezing temperatures, my Jeep done something weird! I went out to smoke in it. And with it being so cold, I turned it on and cut the heat on. After it sat idoling for a while, it would, all of a sudden rev up real high and kinda just stick there. But also, two lights came on my dash. One is the traction control I believe (with the car skidding) and the other is the lightening bolts (?) When I realized it wasn't going to stop idoling so high, I cut it off. And later there was no issue. It does seem to miss/slip here and there. But I suspect that is due to my tranny (machanic says it'll need another one soon)
Old 12-15-2018, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 356 Likes on 332 Posts

1st have a shop or dealership check for Codes.. the Body Computer stores fault codes; then you have information on what could be the probable culprit. What is the transmission doing? It is a CVT trans. and is different & performs different from most automatics. My 2009 Patriot works fine for 100,000. I did have the trans fluid changed by the dealership at 50,000.

Quick Reply: 2011 Jeep Patriot