Notices
Jeep Renegade and 2014+ Cherokee Discussions and conetnt concerning the Jeep Renegade and newer Cherokee

No offense intended, but i just dont get it

Old 06-23-2015, 04:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
LOL!!! So' when you "upgrade" to a real man's gun, like my .50BMG, let me know. I'll drive us out to a fine range with a 1,000yd slot. Oh, I'll be driving my JKU. And, until you buy such a firearm, I'll just consider anything you shoot of pussy status. And if you don't shoot anything, well........ I've got no use for you on any level.
how many times are you going to post that lame as pic of you and a useless gun?
Old 06-23-2015, 11:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

S.P.S at it's finest there folks.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jksteve2013
how many times are you going to post that lame as pic of you and a useless gun?
as much as I like. I personally think the pic is funny. Knowing damn well, if I ever run for office, this will be the pic that gets blasted on CNN. This one better? No? I forgot, you're the angry Canuck. You seem to follow me around a bit on here. I wouldn't. There's more interesting things to do with your time.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2068970416.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	298.1 KB
ID:	615764  

Last edited by Jeepstin12; 06-23-2015 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:05 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Cutman
I'm comfortable with who I am. I don't have a "little JK" or a "little gun" complex. And I never called anything or anyone a pussy. That's just what you wanted to hear so you could puff up for everyone. What you dislike about me, my vehicle, guns, dog, house, shoes, tires etc. changes my day zero. Obviously not the other way around.
eh, not quite. I just like spinning opinions. We're in the same boat. Peoples' lives and what they do, doesn't really matter to me. But, I do get a charge when I read some lame opinions. Seems most people forget we're all entitled to one, or a few.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a renegade in white with blue highlights.
Click image for larger version

Name:	hhos0133.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	633064
Old 01-15-2016, 07:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by WHT_JKUR
I just don't understand these products or who buys them.
That's probably why you are not running a car company.

You might have noticed that the vast majority of vehicles sold are not Jeep Wranglers. Far and away, most people prefer something else, for a whole host of reasons. The Renegade is more likely to appeal to that population of potential new car buyers, which again is the vast majority.

I personally would not recommend a Wrangler to anyone I know, except maybe one or two people. Wranglers have an extremely niche appeal. And frankly most buyers of Jeep Wranglers are buying them almost entirely because of the "tough" and "off-road" image/appearance, which they rate above their true needs in a vehicle. Most of the people on this forum bought their Wrangler primarily for the image/appearance. But for the majority of car buyers, that tough appearance is not enough to convince them to buy it. They will buy something else.

The number of car buyers who actually need a Jeep Wrangler for its off-road capabilities is so small in comparison to the broad market that it is totally irrelevant. If it weren't for the posers who buy Wranglers because they look tough (again, IMHO, far and away most Wrangler owners), there would be no viable market for the Wrangler and Jeep as a brand would likely cease to exist.

The Renegade offers a tougher-looking compact SUV to the market, and along with a modicum of demonstrable off-road capability, it is differentiated from other compact SUVs like Nissan Rogue and Mazda CX-3 enough to convince those buyers who would like a tough-looking vehicle to buy it instead of the other segment leaders. My daughter is in the market for a new car in the next year and I actually recommended they look at a Renegade. It would be perfect for her, with far and away more off-road and inclement conditions capability than the other car they are considering, which is a Fiat 500. Surely even you "it's a Jeep thing" people will concede that a Renegade is preferable to a Fiat 500, right?
Old 01-15-2016, 04:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always bashed the Patriot since it was ... well a patriot. But I helped out with a stock friendly run last year and there were a few patriots. They actually surprised me, I have a wee bit more respect for them off road. We had to turn back when it got rocky (like 6-10" rocks lol) but up to that point they did really well all things considering.

Mind you one of the guys refused to listen to stop flooring it through every water/mud hole and ended up wrecking his engine..
Click image for larger version

Name:	QP8h3Am.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	215.1 KB
ID:	679579

So it can do some pretty basic stuff but I don't think anyone buys them expecting to go out wheeling everywhere.

The renegade falls into a similar kind of demographic. I don't think a lot of people who buy it really give two shits about "Jeep" or it being tougher. They simply like how stupid it looks and it fits what they are looking for in a vehicle. Its not a vehicle that the masses take out wheeling, they go to work, the park, drive down the highway, etc... its a commuter vehicle meant for the city.

Jeep is in the business to make money and appeal to as many people as possible. They have the wrangler platform but having one model is not something thats going to sway a lot of money your way. They have something for the offroad crowd, and they have something for the inner city crowd who wants to drive from point A to point B, save some gas and have room for everyone in the vehicle.

C&D might compare it to a Juke but really... whats the issue with that? Its basically what it is. Does it somehow make you feel bad your JK is a Jeep and the Renegade has a Jeep logo on it? lol Sounds like a princess complexion
Old 01-15-2016, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mr72
That's probably why you are not running a car company. You might have noticed that the vast majority of vehicles sold are not Jeep Wranglers. Far and away, most people prefer something else, for a whole host of reasons. The Renegade is more likely to appeal to that population of potential new car buyers, which again is the vast majority. I personally would not recommend a Wrangler to anyone I know, except maybe one or two people. Wranglers have an extremely niche appeal. And frankly most buyers of Jeep Wranglers are buying them almost entirely because of the "tough" and "off-road" image/appearance, which they rate above their true needs in a vehicle. Most of the people on this forum bought their Wrangler primarily for the image/appearance. But for the majority of car buyers, that tough appearance is not enough to convince them to buy it. They will buy something else. The number of car buyers who actually need a Jeep Wrangler for its off-road capabilities is so small in comparison to the broad market that it is totally irrelevant. If it weren't for the posers who buy Wranglers because they look tough (again, IMHO, far and away most Wrangler owners), there would be no viable market for the Wrangler and Jeep as a brand would likely cease to exist. The Renegade offers a tougher-looking compact SUV to the market, and along with a modicum of demonstrable off-road capability, it is differentiated from other compact SUVs like Nissan Rogue and Mazda CX-3 enough to convince those buyers who would like a tough-looking vehicle to buy it instead of the other segment leaders. My daughter is in the market for a new car in the next year and I actually recommended they look at a Renegade. It would be perfect for her, with far and away more off-road and inclement conditions capability than the other car they are considering, which is a Fiat 500. Surely even you "it's a Jeep thing" people will concede that a Renegade is preferable to a Fiat 500, right?
LOL I would not want to run a car company. I see no allure in dealing with excessive government regulations or all of the hassles car makers have to go through to actually build a car. Renegade shares platform with FIAT 500L and it can be had with AWD. So I guess possibly a better choice. But I personally look at Jeep as off road vehicles. Frankly what I don't understand is how these car really identify with the JEEP brand. No saying that they are bad cars, but realistically they are rebadged Econo boxes whose only intent is to help JEEP hit its CAFE requirements.

Last edited by WHT_JKUR; 01-16-2016 at 02:42 AM.
Old 01-16-2016, 04:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by WHT_JKUR
Frankly what I don't understand is how these car really identify with the JEEP brand. No saying that they are bad cars, but realistically they are rebadged Econo boxes whose only intent is to help JEEP hit its CAFE requirements.
I am not sure it has much to do with identifying with the Jeep brand. In terms of marketing anything, branding is all about creating differentiation among competitors. On the whole, it's not really about features or capabilities etc. There's an expectation in the marketplace that's been built over decades and it's usually very durable in the market. The Jeep brand brings an image of rough & ready simple off-road vehicles that can handle any conditions and keep on going. I'm not talking about the image that long-time Jeep owners have of the brand (loud, poorly-finished, rough-riding, leaky, unreliable...), but more the image that potential Jeep buyers have. FCA reinforces this imagery by sticking little decals and impressions (they call "easter eggs") all over the vehicles in the likeness of a Willys-Jeep grille, and they use round headlights and a 9-slot grille and square-ish fender arches and all that to imbue some of this brand identity into many of their vehicles including the Renegade. They also call them "Trail Rated" and publish videos of them driving through offroad obstacles to further reinforce this image. If they didn't do all of this, and they just made more ordinary-looking compact SUVs without all of the cultural recall then they'd find themselves on level footing with Honda, Toyota, Mazda, etc., which would be a losing proposition.

So even if buyers of the Renegade are not consciously interested in the "tough" looks and off-road reputation of the Jeep brand, it still is a differentiator and if they did not subconsciously relate to it, they would probably wind up with a different vehicle.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a female police officer friend. She is Baltimore City with 25 years and MUST be able to make it to work no matter the conditions. She lives in the suburbs but works in the center of Baltimore where the parking situation is horrible.

She traded in her Charger R/T for a loaded up Renegade Trailhawk. At first, I said WTF but the truth is the little Renegade is perfect for her. She lives on a tight budget,(single mother of two teenage girls),has a 30 mile city commute, needs to fit in extremely tight parking, and has to get to work no matter the weather conditions.

1) It works perfect for her (and many others)
2) It's economical
3) It makes HER happy
4) It makes Fiat Chrysler money
5) It helps with our CAFE standards
6) ........and it pisses off the "I just don't get it wranglers are the only real Jeep crowd"

Quick Reply: No offense intended, but i just dont get it