Notices
Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler Overall Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler technical discussion bulletin board forum. This includes all Jeep Wranglers made between 1987-2006 and includes models such as the Unlimited, Rubicon, Sahara, Sport and X.

How many miles were on your TJ or LJ when you bought it.

Old 12-29-2018, 07:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default How many miles were on your TJ or LJ when you bought it.

How many miles were on your TJ or LJ when you bought it.

I am really thinking about selling my JK and buying a TJ or LJ. I really have taken a liking to them. I found an 02 TJ, 4.0, 5-speed, soft top, dog hair, Warn winch, Warn bumpers, and about 136,000 on it. They are "asking" $8900. I drives very nice, no death wobble, new 33's and not sure on lift. Thoughts, suggestions, tips would greatly be appreciated. I sent a pic to the wife and she called it a "wee jeep"! LOL!
Old 12-29-2018, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I've had 3 TJ's with one still residing in the garage. They're great for the trails but I wouldn't want to daily drive one after having had my JK. They're just better for putzing around town and trails than getting out on the highway (55+ mph). I bought one as low as 67k miles and another as high as 200k miles. The resale on the 2000 was the exact same a year later with 50k more miles on it....albeit I replaced the soft top, did a 2" lift, new tires, and polished the paint up really nicely.

Quick Reply: How many miles were on your TJ or LJ when you bought it.