Notices
Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler Overall Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler technical discussion bulletin board forum. This includes all Jeep Wranglers made between 1987-2006 and includes models such as the Unlimited, Rubicon, Sahara, Sport and X.

Jk suspension components mounted on my TJ

Old 06-01-2018, 10:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jk suspension components mounted on my TJ

Hi all. Not sure where to post this, I am upgrading my JK suspension and had used components left over(low mileage). I am gathering parts now to install on Tj have almost everything
off the JK. My Q is I see posts and you tube videos 50/50 on whether to change front bump stocks?? and 1 inch extra length?? I know better off with lift kit, but free and I need shocks bad on TJ.
Any info appreciated. Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
F.Amir (06-28-2018)
Old 06-01-2018, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

A lot of the parts won't fit. The control arms are all insanely longer than the TJ's. The front coils can work but the rears need the pigtail opened up to fit the TJ. The front shocks fit but you can expect to move the bottom bushing over from the TJ. I don't recall on the rear shocks. Sometimes you can score a good deal on eBay or CL with TJ parts.
Old 06-02-2018, 04:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Hi all. Only going to use shocks and coils, maybe sway links. Long time ago installed new TJ Rubicon shocks and coils, great service. But need to change out way too much mileage, plus its all free.
Just my labor and some cold ones. Minor mods to do, looked up on YouTube. Want to put major upgrades into JK.

Quick Reply: Jk suspension components mounted on my TJ