Notices
Archived - Jeep XJ Cherokee & Grand Cherokees Discuss the Jeep XJ Cherokee and Grand Cherokee at our sister community. This includes all Jeep XJ's made between 1984-2001 and all Grand Cherokees made to this date.

7 Reasons Why Jeep’s Future Rests in This Grand Cherokee

Old 08-17-2015, 02:09 PM
JK-Forum Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7 Reasons Why Jeep’s Future Rests in This Grand Cherokee

After having a chance to spend more time in a 2015 Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel recently, I’m convinced that the future of Jeep lies in this vehicle.

Read the rest on the JK Forum homepage. >>
Old 08-18-2015, 09:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id have to say i almost agree. I have a 14 limited optioned almost to an overland (no air suspension). It is my go to vehicle when i go on long drives, anything over 250 miles. It is really comfortable, gets 21 mpg and has tons of room. But it doesn't wheel to save its life. I lifted it and added mild at's in the 275/55 and it still hangs a tire and high centers on small berms and it seems wide.

So the end result, seems to be, i can tow the jku to the trail with my grand and get the best of both of what jeep has to offer!
Old 08-18-2015, 04:55 PM
JK Freak

Default Jeep is Jeep

The only way the grand is going to save this brand is get back to what made it work in the first place. Its ability to really go off road and do it well. I just don't see folks buying a 100k jeep vs a range rover, unless the jeep can out do the rover in every category . on the same note the defender if it comes here will never out sell the jeep wrangler.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:48 AM
JK Newbie

I own an 06 gc. They need to do away with IFS and put a straight axle back in... I'll admit, I love the awd mine has but I'd trade it any day for a straight axle and a t habdle 4x4 engage like the limited's have.
Old 12-17-2015, 02:16 AM
JK Newbie

Would you say it's still a great on road vehicle? I own a '15 JKU and my wife wants a grand Cherokee now to replace her minivan. She like to ride in mine, but hates the thought of wheeling herself. I know the WK has a reputation for recalls. is it worth the investment for her?
Old 12-17-2015, 02:38 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by ShawnMac86
Would you say it's still a great on road vehicle? I own a '15 JKU and my wife wants a grand Cherokee now to replace her minivan. She like to ride in mine, but hates the thought of wheeling herself. I know the WK has a reputation for recalls. is it worth the investment for her?
Yes. Buy it.
Old 12-17-2015, 02:42 AM
JK Newbie

Yes,id definitely get her one. You can get the limited which is the v8 with 2 wheel until you turn on the 4x4 or you can get the laredo which is v6 fulltime awd. I have the v6 with a 3" hf lift and stock rubicon bfg's. My girl likes to drive it over the rubicon, which i perfer to drive over the wk now.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:48 AM
JK Newbie

The wk2 does have a few recalls at this moment, but that seems to be across the board these days. I drive a lot and it now has 70k miles and it drives well and still gets decent gas mileage, for a v8. My other is a '15 jku, just for reference.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:27 PM
JK Freak

We have a 14 with Eco Diesel. It returned 29.5 mpg from Dallas to San Antonio and back with the new toll road speed of 85 mph. It's AWD Limited w/ Air suspension. We love it except it doesn't have a 3rd row. We are heading to Moab next year. My JK with 37's on my little 3.8 V6 with 12.5 mpg at 80mph and do all the trails or go almost 30 mpg with a family of 5 in comfort; saving $ but not being able to hit all the awesome trails? Decisions....
Old 12-20-2015, 08:58 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BuckLisa
We have a 14 with Eco Diesel. It returned 29.5 mpg from Dallas to San Antonio and back with the new toll road speed of 85 mph. It's AWD Limited w/ Air suspension. We love it except it doesn't have a 3rd row. We are heading to Moab next year. My JK with 37's on my little 3.8 V6 with 12.5 mpg at 80mph and do all the trails or go almost 30 mpg with a family of 5 in comfort; saving $ but not being able to hit all the awesome trails? Decisions....

Towbar?

Quick Reply: 7 Reasons Why Jeep’s Future Rests in This Grand Cherokee