Notices
Archived - Jeep XJ Cherokee & Grand Cherokees Discuss the Jeep XJ Cherokee and Grand Cherokee at our sister community. This includes all Jeep XJ's made between 1984-2001 and all Grand Cherokees made to this date.

JK-Forum's Road Trip with the Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel

Old 07-30-2014, 05:46 PM
JK-Forum Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK-Forum's Road Trip with the Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel

There’s no better way to gauge the true appeal of an SUV than putting it on the road for a long haul.

Sounds simple enough, right? However, most of my test loans as an auto journalist typically only last a week. And in most cases the assessment of the vehicle consists of 100 miles or so aside from the occasional weekend getaway where I might add a couple hundred more on the odometer.

It’s a decent formula for getting a feel for new cars, but to get a better idea of how the 2014 Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel lives up to talk of it being a great road vehicle, I decided to up the ante. Now, after nearly 1,800 miles logged in one of the SUVs on a family road trip with four other adults, I can say I have a deeper appreciation for the EcoDiesel and the Grand Cherokee in general.

Here are my top ten takeaways from my recent road trip with the diesel Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Read the rest on the JK-Forum homepage.

Quick Reply: JK-Forum's Road Trip with the Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel