Notices
Archived - Jeep XJ Cherokee & Grand Cherokees Discuss the Jeep XJ Cherokee and Grand Cherokee at our sister community. This includes all Jeep XJ's made between 1984-2001 and all Grand Cherokees made to this date.

My Wife's XJ Build (Part 2)

Old 04-19-2014, 10:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Wife's XJ Build (Part 2)

Here are some garage pics of my wife's XJ project. She's had this XJ for over 12 years and it's going through its second build. Originally, she had a Rubicon Express 2" lift and 31" Kelly Safari TSLs on factory Ecco wheels.

She's recently added (with my help of course...) an OR Fab Rock Slider winch bumper (very well made and thoughtfully engineered) with D-rings, my well loved XRC-8 winch with synthetic rope and a Warn hawse fairlead, a new set of Hella 500s, Old Man Emu lift with 934 coil springs (she's a great helper when it comes to installing and seating coil springs ), and a 13" AntennaX off-road antenna.

In the garage, and ready to be installed, she has a snorkel (I need to make sure everything is watertight and raise her breathers because I know she'll use it whenever she can...), a new set of 31" GY Duratracs (we're waiting for the rest of the Black Rock 942D wheels to show up--Quadratec sent us only one so far ). and a Cobra CB & antenna.

Future parts to order include a safari style roof rack with at least 2 Hella 4000 lights mounted, new seat covers, and either a JCR Offroad rear bumper or one from OR Fab. She has the factory tow package, so the bumper will have to accommodate that.

The end build goal is to have the XJ and JKUR setup as similarly as possible--I'm really looking forward to wheeling together with her new setup. I just have some crappy driveway/garage pics for now, I'll get some trail pics hopefully soon!

Click image for larger version

Name:	PTDC0042.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	547058Click image for larger version

Name:	PTDC0050.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	547059Click image for larger version

Name:	PTDC0051.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	547060Click image for larger version

Name:	PTDC0047.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	547062
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PTDC0046.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	547063  

Quick Reply: My Wife's XJ Build (Part 2)