Notices
Archived - Jeep XJ Cherokee & Grand Cherokees Discuss the Jeep XJ Cherokee and Grand Cherokee at our sister community. This includes all Jeep XJ's made between 1984-2001 and all Grand Cherokees made to this date.

New (to me) Grand cherokee 5.7 Hemi

Old 12-12-2011, 02:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New (to me) Grand cherokee 5.7 Hemi (Updated with mods)

I picked up a 2005 Grand Cherokee Hemi limited about a week ago and love the thing. Yes, it is not a wrangler, but it is a still a blast to drive. I bought it from the original owner, and it was ordered will every option available. I am happy it has the quadradrive II, which can electronically lock the front and rear axles.

The Jeep was dirt cheap, but also needed some attention...

I am currently working on fixing it mechanically. In a week I have already replaced the following parts-

Transmission solenoid shift pack($$$) Messy to replace, you have to drop the tranny pan and pull the valve body to access it.

Transmission fluid and filters.

Engine oil pressure switch.

Entire passenger side rear door- It was hit pretty good, not repairable.

Starter.

I hope this is all it will need for a while. I took it for a couple drives today and the check engine light is finally staying off.

It is amazing how bad the transmission will behave with a bad solenoid pack. It now shifts perfect with the new solenoid.

I am already planning a mild 1st stage build, most likely a 2" rough Country lift, wheel spacers, and a set of JK rubi wheels & tires.

It has been a few weeks and I have now added the following

2" lift kit

A set of Rubicon wheels and tires

4XGuard front skid

Now for a couple after shots

Next on the list are some rock sliders and a tranny/belly skid.

Last edited by backwoodjk; 01-23-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOOKS GOOD i am looking into saying byby to my jk and getting the 12 WK2 the $150 a week in gas is a killer not to mention the 150000mi i got on that MINI VAN eng also to drive a stock is not for me ,,, this will be my 5th new jeep and im wondering what lifts / winch bumpers / ect ect are out their for them any and all help would be great pictures are a plus thanks
Old 02-06-2012, 11:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JMP8562
LOOKS GOOD i am looking into saying byby to my jk and getting the 12 WK2 the $150 a week in gas is a killer not to mention the 150000mi i got on that MINI VAN eng also to drive a stock is not for me ,,, this will be my 5th new jeep and im wondering what lifts / winch bumpers / ect ect are out their for them any and all help would be great pictures are a plus thanks

Thanks!

Here are a couple pics I found of lifted WK2's. My wk has the Hemi, so my gas mileage is the same as my jk was. The pros are having plenty of power, and the ability to tow heavy loads if needed. The downside is the ifs, but it is still quite capable with the front and rear lockers.

The first one AEV did, it is on 35'S

Old 02-23-2012, 07:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what modle did you get ? looks great

Quick Reply: New (to me) Grand cherokee 5.7 Hemi