Notices
Archived - Jeep XJ Cherokee & Grand Cherokees Discuss the Jeep XJ Cherokee and Grand Cherokee at our sister community. This includes all Jeep XJ's made between 1984-2001 and all Grand Cherokees made to this date.

Tilt Pivot Pin Removal

Old 12-16-2008, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tilt Pivot Pin Removal

Hey guys,

Last weekend my brother brought over his Grand Cherokee so I could help him tighten up his steering column (it has some give when you turn the wheel), anywho long story short we got all the way down to just before the screws we needed to tighten and had to remove two tilt pivot pins from and realized that there isn't a tool in the world (at least that no one has seen) to do this. A quick google search turned up some ideas on how to build our own tool so we ended up getting an 8x32 screw, nut, socket, and a few washers and managed to build a tool and pulled one pin out but the other refuses to come out (I trashed 3 screws and numerous washers).

Anyone have any experience getting these suckers out? Gotta get his Jeep wrapped up since it's taking up my garage and making the JK sit outside in the snow over night
Old 12-21-2008, 12:14 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Do you have a pic of what you are trying to remove???
Old 01-01-2009, 05:35 PM
JK Newbie

Default Pivot pin remover

autopart.com/tools/toolsmain/tool/T_A150.htm I use a Mac but it looks identical. tooltopia.com Search pivot pin remover they have a complete KDT set for a decent price. I assume Napa would carry them for more money.

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 01-02-2009 at 01:29 AM. Reason: removed hyperlinks

Quick Reply: Tilt Pivot Pin Removal