Notices
Jeeping Lifestyle Post your wheeling adventures and JK trail experiences!

Help installing LED tail lights, anyone knows about it?

Old 10-31-2017, 12:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help installing LED tail lights, anyone knows about it?

Help installing LED tail lights

I just ordered LED tail lights for my Jeep (made by Novsight, not something super sketchy).

I used to have LED turn signals up front (before I realized they looked awful. I remember that the LED turn signal unit made them blink at a decent speed, but the turn signal arrows on my Jeep's instrument cluster were always dimly illuminated which is what happens when it thinks your running lights are out.

I was wondering if there's a way to use the new tail light units without load resisters and have both the blink rate and the cluster indicators normal?

Old 11-08-2017, 07:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Most LED tail lights come with the load resisters on them, pre-wired. I installed LED turn signals up front first this Summer and got an intermittent high speed flash, the indication that the turn signal circuit load was too low but as soon as I installed the LED tail lights with the load resistors the high speed flashing stopped and hasn't returned. It makes me believed that the CANBUS is measuring the load on the entire circuit, not front to back, or at each individual corner.

Last edited by kmrtnsn; 11-08-2017 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry wrong
thread

Last edited by Robs toy; 02-09-2018 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Wrong thread

Quick Reply: Help installing LED tail lights, anyone knows about it?