Notices
Jeeping Lifestyle Post your wheeling adventures and JK trail experiences!

Older Jeepers

Old 08-06-2015, 08:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

42 here.

I'm not sure what exactly the "Jeep lifestyle" refers to but if it involves camping, 4 wheeling, and going out on some off-road adventures with friends/family (or without them) I have been doing that for the past 12+ years (since my daughter was born). I was just in a Toyota until recently. That included a 4x4 '03 Tacoma D-Cab (great truck), 98 SAS'd Tacoma (It had a Jeep front axle) and up until last year an '87 Land Cruiser (slow pig built like a tank).

Last year I sold the LC to a couple in Vancouver (I live in NorCal) and made the plunge and bought a new '14 Rubicon JKU. I had been eyeing them for a long time. Being a “Toyota” guy for a while I had some reservations about the build/quality of the Jeep (you hear stories) but it is not my DD (that’s still a Toyota or Scion actually) and so far, I haven’t even had a rattle (granted it’s only 16 months old and 8500 miles). I love the convertible aspect and love how a solid axle rig drives.

We absolutely love it. I just lifted mine and put 35’s on it. That will take me anywhere in NorCal or beyond I want to go. With “old” age I have also realized I don’t need to climb every single boulder on the trail. I just like being on the trails.

My wife really loved it…so much so a few months back she traded her car in for a new ’15 Sarah JKU. So now we are a 2 Jeep family.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:37 AM
JK Newbie

Hit the big 50 this year. Within that span I have owned a 53, 75, 83, 01, 03 and currently a 2012.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:15 AM
JK Newbie

Nice even 70. I've been around Jeeps most of my life. My father bought a 47 2A in 1950 or 51 and by the first trail trip, I was addicted. Learned to drive on the ranch in that rig at a ripe old age of 11 or 12. It was traded off on a near new 1957 FC 150 (still have it) and a couple of high school buddies and I took that a lot of places it probably shouldn't have been. Bought my first new Jeep in 69-a 67 CJ 5, but was untitled so it's registered as a 69. Still have it along with the 1955 3B I bought in 72. Just couldn't get excited about the AMC offerings so I didn't start looking at new Jeeps until 97 and REALLY didn't care for the 3.8's. Waited until 2012's were out. Yep, 3.6 WAY better than the 3.8 but, IMO, still sucks for power, especially in the bottom end torque department.

Still doing what I want to which includes a lot of backpacking. Made a 7 day trip in the Beartooth's this summer without any problems. And right now the 3B is scattered all over the garage for a new front axle and springs installation, new winch mounts, along with a severe remodeling of the steering. When that's done, I hope to get my next version of a small block Chevy planted in it (has a 381 at the present time which is going to grow to 441).
Old 09-10-2015, 02:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am over 60 and learned how to drive in a almost new Tuxedo Park my dad borrowed from the local gas station and out in the desert we went. I can't remember a time when there wasn't a Jeep in my life, this is the first one I have used for my main transport. I strayed a couple times with a Gladiator and a Jeepster but always came back to the basics. Mike
Old 01-14-2016, 01:16 PM
JK Newbie

Just turned 64 in December. Love my '12 JK-8, but I do miss my CJ-8. As to my first one,...it was 7 years older than me, and had an M for a first initial ...and wasn't anything but fun ! ... and I do miss Old Nellie Belle. Had a few CJ-5/7's,...even one with dual rear wheels,... a '95 wanna be, and an '09 Sahara ... They have gotten more civilized, but like all the really fun girls in high school,...they just keep gettin wider, and cost more to keep happy every year....
Old 01-17-2016, 07:51 PM
JK Newbie

Im a 63' model. That puts me at 52 years. Got into jeeping in 2011 (2011 JKU) and have never looked back since. Now if I can get my wife "AKA" chief financial officer... to understand all the modifications I have done... and all the mods I NEED..... well if anyone has the answer let me know
Old 01-19-2016, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BANZAIKEV
Im a 63' model. That puts me at 52 years. Got into jeeping in 2011 (2011 JKU) and have never looked back since. Now if I can get my wife "AKA" chief financial officer... to understand all the modifications I have done... and all the mods I NEED..... well if anyone has the answer let me know
Please let me know when you find out how to get your CFO to approve more mods. I'm in the same boat.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:38 AM
JK Newbie

Is good to be the CFO and the Jeep builder. And have a hubby that trusts I will still have money left over for paying the bills. But, now that I bought him a 15 JKU, so I could have another Jeep I will be in the wife position - NOT.
Love to tweak all my cars too much.

CFO - 62 and still working
Hubby - 67 and retired
83 - CJ7, 84 - CJ7, 97 TJ, 11 JK, 15 JKU
Old 02-06-2016, 05:23 AM
JK Newbie

Default Chief finaancial officer. LOL

Originally Posted by BANZAIKEV
I love chief financial officer line. LOL
Old 02-06-2016, 05:30 AM
JK Newbie

Default 53 year old jeep virgin.

Well, I lost my Jeep virginity 2 years ago. Always loved the Jeep just never got around to owning one. I bought a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport. Of course after loosing my virginity, I caught the upgrade virus. I held out for a year but couldn't hold out any longer. Got the Rubicon 2.5 lift, 5 KC light with light bar. Fuel 17x8.5 wheels with Procom 33 extreme tires. Now I'm in the recovery room trying to recover from the virus. LOL. This no regrets. My dream is to get a diesel upgrade...that's on my bucket list. lol

Quick Reply: Older Jeepers