Notices
Jeeping Lifestyle Post your wheeling adventures and JK trail experiences!

Older Jeepers

Old 05-25-2017, 09:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Mid 70's here and just back from a 2550 mile trip to Oregon Idaho and then Utah. Lots of fun in a 2011 Wrangler JK unlimited.

Click image for larger version

Name:	utah-sage-brush.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	671908

Last edited by JKMM2011; 05-25-2017 at 10:17 AM.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKMM2011
Mid 70's here and just back from a 2550 mile trip to Oregon Idaho and then Utah. Lots of fun in a 2015 Wrangler JK unlimited.

That's impressive. 43 years old here. Glad to see your Jeep on the trails.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:49 AM
JK Newbie

Just turned 66. Wife is 61. Bought my first Jeep, a 87 Comanche 2 wheel drive in 1998. Got a 1997 Wrangler in 1999 after I wrecked the Comanche. In 2002 I traded it off when the tranny went out. (after a few other things replaced and it became a money pit). My wife had a beater pickup truck that shot craps in 2005 and she wanted a convertible, so I bought a chevy cavalier z 24 for her. we agreed to switch off weekly with driving the vehicles as she worked local and I had a half hour drive daily. ( keeping the mileage spread out.) She kept using the Wrangler on my weeks tho. She said she liked the ease of getting in and out of the Wrangler, so we traded the z24 in 2006 and got a 2005 LJ. In 2014 we traded the 2002 Wrangler for a used 2014 2 door JK . he 02 had about 200000 and the 4 banger was getting tired. I am retired and wife is disabled (She had a lung removed due to cancer) Jeeps are basically stock but we do some light trails and road rallies with the local Jeep club. A road trip to where ever the road leads in a favorite activity for us. LJ has top and doors always off all summer and JK gets naked occasionally. Best of both worlds..ready for any weather, rain or shine. Keep calm and Jeep on!
Old 09-16-2017, 02:56 AM
JK Newbie

Just turned 66. Wife is 61. Bought my first Jeep, a 87 Comanche 2 wheel drive in 1998. Got a 1997 Wrangler in 1999 after I wrecked the Comanche. In 2002 I traded it off when the tranny went out. (after a few other things replaced and it became a money pit). My wife had a beater pickup truck that shot craps in 2005 and she wanted a convertible, so I bought a chevy cavalier z 24 for her. we agreed to switch off weekly with driving the vehicles as she worked local and I had a half hour drive daily. ( keeping the mileage spread out.) She kept using the Wrangler on my weeks tho. She said she liked the ease of getting in and out of the Wrangler, so we traded the z24 in 2006 and got a 2005 LJ. In 2014 we traded the 2002 Wrangler for a used 2014 2 door JK . he 02 had about 200000 and the 4 banger was getting tired. I am retired and wife is disabled (She had a lung removed due to cancer) Jeeps are basically stock but we do some light trails and road rallies with the local Jeep club. A road trip to where ever the road leads in a favorite activity for us. LJ has top and doors always off all summer and JK gets naked occasionally. Best of both worlds..ready for any weather, rain or shine. Keep calm and Jeep on!
Old 10-01-2017, 07:28 AM
JK Newbie

64 here, Bought my first Jeep back in 1977. Pretty basic CJ 7, being young and stupid sold it because my wife to be at that point didn't like riding in it, she prefered her '77 Pinto. A year later after dumping her I got into motorcycles and fast cars but, there was always that little bug in my head saying you should buy a Jeep. In 1999 I finally got back into the Jeep lifestyle when I purchased a new 1999 Cherokee Sport 4x4. My son pretty much grew up in that Jeep, we attended 5 Camp Jeep events, Jeep Jamborees and numerous local events in that Jeep. I taught him how to drive a stick in that Jeep. I decided in 2015 that I wanted to keep and preserve the XJ so I retired it from daily driver status and rented a storage unit to get it out of the elements while it still rust free and looking good. Drove a beater as a daily driver until this past March. We were driving to dinner one evening when my wife ask me out of the blue what car I would buy if I could buy a new car. Just one, a Jeep Wrangler was my response and five days later we were picking up our new '17 JKU Sport. Dumping that Pinto loving first wife to be and waiting for the right wife was a true life changing moment (in so many ways).

My now 29 year old son and I took the JKU on our first Jeep road trip in 10 years to the Bantam Jeep Festival in Butler PA this past June where we took her on her first off road adventure. We also went to the Jeepfest in Chillicothe Ohio and Jeep Jam in Wilmington Ohio this summer. The best part is my wife loves driving and riding around with the top down exploring new roads (and not really roads) in the Wrangler. At this point I still have the XJ with all those great father son memories and the JKU for making new Jeep memories. Jeep owner the rest of my days.

Last edited by xjken; 10-01-2017 at 07:34 AM.
Old 11-23-2017, 12:07 PM
JK Newbie

Just turned 55 here. This my first JEEP. Never stop adding to it or changing something on it. I have to say though love the JEEP more than My transportation I ever had including motorcycles.
I got 2.5 Rubicon lift. Wanted higher but I have to tell you, arthritis runs in my family and sometimes that 2.5 lift feels like 6 inch lift. Put on 33 Procom Extreme Terrains tires. SPOD with 5 KC lights, 3 on bumper, 2 on windshield. Rear power supply to spod. Havoc rear bumper with tire and hi-lift jack support as well as 2 2inch rear facing cubes. Looking to install winch on front in next couple of weeks. What I would love to do is either put a blower or swap engine for diesel but that's a little out of my financial range.
My girlfriend already knows that JEEP is my babe...she always counters with "Well can the JEEP do this!". I"'ll leave it up to your imaginations as to what she is talking about. Lol.
Love to hear from old JEEPER makes me feel at home.

Still love my JEEP.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 3_Percenter
Just turned 55 here. This my first JEEP. Never stop adding to it or changing something on it. I have to say though love the JEEP more than My transportation I ever had including motorcycles.
I got 2.5 Rubicon lift. Wanted higher but I have to tell you, arthritis runs in my family and sometimes that 2.5 lift feels like 6 inch lift. Put on 33 Procom Extreme Terrains tires. SPOD with 5 KC lights, 3 on bumper, 2 on windshield. Rear power supply to spod. Havoc rear bumper with tire and hi-lift jack support as well as 2 2inch rear facing cubes. Looking to install winch on front in next couple of weeks. What I would love to do is either put a blower or swap engine for diesel but that's a little out of my financial range.
My girlfriend already knows that JEEP is my babe...she always counters with "Well can the JEEP do this!". I"'ll leave it up to your imaginations as to what she is talking about. Lol.
Love to hear from old JEEPER makes me feel at home.

Still love my JEEP.
I'm also a 55 year old Jeeper. I was going to say welcome to the old man Jeep club but looking at some these posts 55 is young . Regardless of age I think Jeeps help keep you young.
Old 12-31-2017, 06:05 PM
JK Newbie

Older Jeepers?
Get off of my lawn!
Old 01-01-2018, 11:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

70 Years of Experience here, bought my 3rd Jeep in my lifetime in May of 2017 on my Birthday. Extreme Purple JKU Sahara. Love every minute behind the wheel. I retired from the military so I am programed to take care of my property, sometimes O.C. To all the "mature" Jeepers out there, have a Safe and Happy 2018.
The following users liked this post:
JKMM2011 (01-01-2018)
Old 01-05-2018, 04:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Late 40's here...Been off-roading since the late 80's. First experience was probably in 1977-78, I was in the 4th grade and my sister and brother-in-law took me wheeling in their brown 1975 CJ5 - I've been hooked ever since then. My first personal Jeep was a lifted CJ5, then I went to a 1993 YJ, I even owned a 2004 grand cherokee with a small lift and now I drive a 2013 JKU Sahara lifted. I've owned other lifted vehicles between these Jeeps, but I always come back to the JEEP....its a "life" thing

Quick Reply: Older Jeepers