Notices
Jeeping Lifestyle Post your wheeling adventures and JK trail experiences!

Older Jeepers

Old 01-11-2014, 01:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 47 and I'm on my 7th Jeep. I was bitten by the Jeep bug back in my 20's and haven't looked back. I'm kinda new to this forum, as this is my first JK. I've restored 2 CJs and owned and modded 4 others including a TJ Rubicon. Now I have a JK Rubicon, another CLEAN SLATE!! Oh yeah!!
Old 01-17-2014, 03:26 PM
JK Newbie

will be 51 in a couple of months.. been offroading my whole life Baja bugs, trucks of all shapes and sizes .. and a few musclecars sprinkled in between.not until 5 yrs ago when I bought my first jk an 07 did I know what I was missing . It was like running into an old friend I never met.. I was hooked .2012 I traded up for a 12 Rubicon. I honestly have never loved anything more.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, 65 and don't feel a day over 80.

Dropped a Chevy 327/300hp with Turbo 400 in my CJ-7 in 1981 including full roll cage.

What a ride.......

Had Jeeps ever since.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:17 PM
JK Newbie

I turn 48 in a few months and have owned a Jeep since I was 25. My 92 YJ was my first adult purchase and she was NO frills, not even a radio, since I was one broke boy back then. She carried me around the country for 20 years until 11 years of Chicago road salt finally did her in. I had a Liberty for two years after that but decided I wasn't grown up yet so went back to the Wrangler. Just got the new girl a few weeks ago, and now that I can afford it a little, I look forward to modding her up. I know I may get some looks, this graybeard driving around in a lifted Jeep, but I don't feel that old. After all, like an infamous Louisiana governor once personally told me as he pinched my date on the rear end at his 50th birthday party, "You're only as old as the woman you feel!'
Old 02-08-2014, 07:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

40 here..have loved jeeps since I can remember. Got my first '49 3a around 18 years old and have been hooked since.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:53 PM
JK Newbie

39 here. Got hooked in college. Had jeeps ever since. Finally purchased a 2014 rubicon! Too bad I didn't have a big budget then!
Old 02-09-2014, 07:12 PM
JK Newbie

Default 60 years old in June this year...

I brought my Rubicon in 09 and have been having a great time with it ever since. I love the Rubi and have had a great time modifying it. The best is the experiences that I have had traveling and exploring with fellow jeep owners, what a great group of people. I have been retired for the past five years and have been able to jeep all over California and Arizona and Nevada.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:17 AM
JK Newbie

Default You’re only young once, but you can be Juvenile Forever…..

Turned 60 last month. I’m a Porch Dog now, not a Big Dog, but don’t come growlin up around my porch.
Bought my first jeep (CJ5) as a snot-nosed kid (isn’t 30 the new snot-nosed?) Ran it into the ground.

Got my ’90 YJ Sahara 20 years ago for daily driver and farm use. Grampa’s farm. A mile off the paved road, tin roof, unpainted, no running water, outhouse. Where my father grew up a farmer. I inherited a fifth of it now (with my cousins.)

Wheelin the fire breaks. Mud and all. ATF. Alcohol, Tabaco (or some kind of weed) and Firearms (still a little snot-nosed at that time---before kids.) Later on ridin the farm with the kids and their cousins hangin all over the jeep. The YJ (still in the garage) is what my kids grew up in. Backing up next to the fire by the peanut field. Fireworks. Skeet shootin’. Stars in the sky. Stuck in the mud late night. Muffler gurgling under water. Had to call my cousin Hank @ his farm. He got the little tractor stuck tryin to snatch us out. Had to go back and git the big tractor to finally get us out.

Kids learning to drive (in my lap) @ the farm and @ Lion Country Safari…

Son is 15 now and it will be his driver when he’s 16.

Bought my 2012 JKUR Dozer new in October 2011, in anticipation of my June 2012 retirement. Stock except for the ACE tree-benders. Road hard and put away wet. Give me the woods, a dirt trail. Top back, dogs faces sniffin out the windows in the back, maybe runnin across a deer or some hogs here and there. Slingin’ mud, in the sun.

Livin’ the dream.

.....Socrates said: To do is to be. Descartes said: To be is to do. Sinatra said: Scoobee Doobee Doo.....
Old 02-10-2014, 07:39 PM
JK Newbie

I'll be turning 42 this Wednesday. I've owned 3 Jeeps. I still have two of them. I had an 07' XK for a couple years. It was a nice vehicle. I just was not in love with it. I have a 98' TJ and a 10' JKU now and I really like these two. I got my sister into jeeps last year and she bought a 12' JK. She's 40.
I'm thinking my wife may get a JKU once her lease is up on the Honda Odysea. She really likes my JKU. She's over the mini van scene.

I'm hooked!!!

Last edited by DEERE G; 02-10-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just turned 40 on the 5th and bought my first Jeep (13' JKU Sport) last July. I've been in friends and a couple at work and always liked them. I use up my vehicles so my last F150 lasted me 11 years. About half way through that vehicle I already had thoughts of getting out of my pickup truck routine and go for a Jeep. I'm so happy I did!

Quick Reply: Older Jeepers