Notices
JK Accessories & Misc Parts This forum is dedicated for the selling of miscellaneous parts and accessories for the Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include things such as cold air intakes, seat covers, soft-tops, bikini tops, interior trim, air compressors, lighting, trail gear, etc.

Element half doors complete 2-door Surf Blue local pick up $650/negotiable

Old 07-07-2013, 05:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Element half doors complete 2-door Surf Blue local pick up $650/negotiable

First off let me start by saying, I do not want to mislead anyone so please note ELEMENT DOORS DO NOT PROVIDE A FACTORY LIKE SEAL. Now many of you may know that, I did not and was very disappointed with these for that reason. It is also the reason for the sale. Now for my description:

I'm selling my Surf Blue Element doors complete with storage bags, mirrors and upper windows. I bought these 2 years ago. The paint job was done through Quadratec. They have only been used for the summer months then stored in a garage. Doors are in excellent condition and even if you don't have a surf blue Jeep you can take the skins off and have a safari type door. I did add some weather stripping so the door wouldn't rattle. The only other issue I had was with passenger side mirror. Best tops allen key design is a flawed design and as you can see in the picture I had to do a little mod. The bracket that makes the mirror adjustable some how came off and was rattling inside the mirror. The only thing I could think of was to drill a hole to be able to access the part and reattach it. I originally had a cover that I glued on that fell off while I was cleaning the doors for these pictures, but Jeep guys and girls are very resourceful. If you price these out you'll see they get up there in price. I'm asking $650 negotiable. I will be listing these elsewhere because I really want to try and recoup some of my money. If you have any questions or need additional pictures please let me know and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130706-00022.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	475911Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130706-00024.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	475927Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130706-00031.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	475928Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130706-00030.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	475929Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130706-00023.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	475930I'm in Westchester NY
Old 07-08-2013, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How bad are they as far as the seal goes? Been looking at these for a while now and I have a surf blue.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Blue Luna
How bad are they as far as the seal goes? Been looking at these for a while now and I have a surf blue.
As far as the lower door is concerned you can see light coming through but I didn't seem to have too much trouble with water, then again I did add extra weather stripping. My issue was with the uppers. I had a very hard time with the passenger side. The drivers was actually pretty good but I could not get the passenger side to perform the way I had hoped. I did a lot of research and even contacted Best Top. Basically it comes down to molding the uppers to fit your Jeep. This is an answer you will get from Best Top and many others on this forum who use or have used these soft uppers. The only other issue I had, and this is totally normal it just bothered me, was the flapping at speeds of around 60mph and up. The flapping is totally acceptable and normal.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any concern on door opening on its own at high speeds?
Old 07-08-2013, 12:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Blue Luna
Any concern on door opening on its own at high speeds?
No, the doors always closed perfectly and stayed closed. I drove with them for 2 summers and took a couple of long drives 65+mph for 2-4hrs not an issue with an unexpected opening even over rough pavement.

Quick Reply: Element half doors complete 2-door Surf Blue local pick up $650/negotiable