Notices
JK Accessories & Misc Parts This forum is dedicated for the selling of miscellaneous parts and accessories for the Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include things such as cold air intakes, seat covers, soft-tops, bikini tops, interior trim, air compressors, lighting, trail gear, etc.

M416 style trailer with RTT for sale

Old 02-09-2013, 05:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M416 style trailer with RTT for sale

I wanted to redo an M416 trailer to pull behind the Jeep and I couldn't find one close or in reasonable condition so I found the original spec sheets and built one from scratch. I started with some heavy 3 inch channel that had some cool holes already in it. I don't remember where it came from and it was heavy duty but it looked cool and provided endless tie down points.

I used 200 pound torsion axles with stock Rubi wheels and tires but have since moved to 3500lb axles with brakes and 35in tires. (really about 33.5-34, you know how that goes). The trailer has rear stabilizers that fold down when the tent is up. The front jack isn't one of those cheap fold down units. It is mounted in the center of the tongue and the foot can be tucked completely out of the way. You don't want the cheaper versions, they just aren't as stable. The tongue can be extended an extra 2.5 ft to adjust how the trailer pulls down the road. The couple is a true 360 deg x 360 deg articulating coupler. The trailer can be doing barrel rolls behind you and your Jeep won't be affected. This is one of the coolest parts of the trailer.

The bed is 14 ga steel. the tail gate and the lid can easily be removed by just pulling the hinge pins. The lid is held up by 3 gas struts. If you don't have the tent on top, you just remove the one larger strut and your are still good to go! The tail gate folds down for a great table. There is a 2 inch receiver hitch mounted under the tailgate for a bike rack or what ever you might need.

I carry 19 gallons of water in the trailer with an external hose bib. The floor of the trailer is marine grade 3/4 inch plywood. I used wood to give some insulation and avoid noise or vibration. One of my kids sleeps in there when we go camping!

The tent is the biggest 3 man tent i could get at the time. I got it from cartoptents.com. It looks like the ARB and others.

I have pulled it to Colorado and it worked fantastic! My family loves it and I will definitely do another one. I need a little more room as my kids are getting bigger. Thats why I'm selling it.

I am asking $5500 for everything you see except the awning and my HiLift. These pictures still have the smaller wheels and tires. But you can have either one.

Last edited by Dlampe; 02-09-2013 at 05:12 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just had to say that is an awesome build. Good luck with the sale.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by banx
Just had to say that is an awesome build. Good luck with the sale.
I just wanted to say the same thing. I would be all over this if I was still in the lower 48. Your attention to detail is awesome. Good luck.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys. If it was a foot longer I would just keep it.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:51 AM
JK Newbie

Man i so wish i had some extra cash sitting around for this. Awesome job!
Old 02-10-2013, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

PM sent last night, not sure if it sent from my phone app..
Old 02-10-2013, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got your PM. I just sent you some "in the field" pictures.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you! Checking out your PM and pics now.... damn, got your location too but I do have a transport guy that can help me out if need be....
Old 02-10-2013, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

That thing is f'n sick! Well done!
Old 02-11-2013, 03:41 AM
JK Freak

Free bump for some nice fab work!

Quick Reply: M416 style trailer with RTT for sale