Notices
JK Audio & Electronics This forum is dedicated for the selling of factory and aftermarket Jeep JK Wrangler audio equipment and electronics. This would include items such as stereo headunits, speaker systems, CB radios and GPS units.

Cobra 75 wxst handset only

Old 01-13-2016, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts
Default Cobra 75 wxst handset only

*This unit needs repair*

I've got a cobra 75wxst handheld unit for sale. I bought it used and it worked great and then one morning I came out and there was no sound. The unit powers on normally, screen is nice for what they are, and the bars indicate that it is transmitting and receiving. I do not have the know how on how to fix this. The handheld pieces are expensive and the box is cheap so I'm going to sell them separately so someone can get a good deal on a handheld that *needs fixing*. Again, I don't know what it needs but it needs love.

I'll be shipping out of 23322 with an expected turnaround time of 24-48 hours.

Post a decent offer here or PM me and I'm going to go in order of PM to maintain fairness.

Again- handheld unit only, no power box, and it will need attention. The handheld units in working condition are $50+, this one has something where the sound doesn't work so make an offer where I'm happy to let it go and it leaves you room to figure out what's up with it.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want there is a place out in Chesapeake off Military Highway, Signal Communications that may be able to fix it. I was just out there a week and some change ago to get mine tuned. He gives club discounts to (HRJC, VA4WD, etc.). Might be worth a shot to see what he would charge to fix. Here's the address:

4715 W Military Hwy
Chesapeake, VA 23321

It's a little tricky to find. If you pull in go over the railroad tracks and there will be a garage shed on the right, the place is on the other side. It's literally the size of a shante house. LOL!
Old 01-17-2016, 02:50 PM
JK Newbie

You can attach an external speaker right to to the box in the dash. It has an external speaker output.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Cobra Factory Repair

you can also send back to Cobra in Chicago for factory repair, they have a fixed rate structure.
I just sent in my "walkie-talkie" style 38WXST for repair, quick turnaround.

Mine had the same issue, pwr, lights and signal, but no sound.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:40 PM
JK Newbie

still available?
Old 03-20-2017, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Sorry, I sold both of them and they went for basically shipping. I'll mark them sold.

Quick Reply: Cobra 75 wxst handset only