Notices
JK Audio & Electronics This forum is dedicated for the selling of factory and aftermarket Jeep JK Wrangler audio equipment and electronics. This would include items such as stereo headunits, speaker systems, CB radios and GPS units.

WTS Uniden 520XL less than 1 week old, includes mount and cig lighter adaptor

Old 05-08-2010, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTS Uniden 520XL less than 1 week old, includes mount and cig lighter adaptor

Great news today!

My dad retired from truck driving after 35+ years and as an early b-day present he is sending me his galaxy cb radio and all his other equipment.

As a result I no longer need this radio, I know that once I get his unit this one will never see the light of day.

Included:

-like new (less than 1 week old) Uniden 520XL (includes in-line fuse with the unit)
-Fabricated mount so that you dont have to drill into the side of you jeep center console
-Radio shack cig lighter adapter.

I would like to get $50 money order or $52 paypal for everything shipped to your doorstep.
paypal preferred

Old 05-12-2010, 06:21 PM
JK Super Freak

How does the mount attach to the console? You said its no drill, but appears it is held by a few bolts and a screw?

I am interested in this...

What antenna did you use with this? How was the reception? I will mainly be using this for trail rides.

Originally Posted by Basic13
Great news today!

My dad retired from truck driving after 35+ years and as an early b-day present he is sending me his galaxy cb radio and all his other equipment.

As a result I no longer need this radio, I know that once I get his unit this one will never see the light of day.

Included:

-like new (less than 1 week old) Uniden 520XL (includes in-line fuse with the unit)
-Fabricated mount so that you dont have to drill into the side of you jeep center console
-Radio shack cig lighter adapter.

I would like to get $50 money order or $52 paypal for everything shipped to your doorstep.
paypal preferred

Old 05-12-2010, 09:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

The 3 bolts you see on top just hold the bracket in place.

The only bolt that holds the bracket to the side of the console is the factory black bolt.

The mount is really nothing special at all. I drilled the holes in about a minute and slapped it together....but I wont need it anymore so you can have it with the radio.

I was thinking that if you sprayed some bedliner or just flat black paint on it the mount wouldnt look half bad.

It is rock solid too when it is mounted.

As for the radio. I had it hooked to a firestik fireing coax which ran through the back of the jeep and is attached to a teraflex rear tire carrier. My antenna is a 3 ft wilson flex antenna. I hear truck drivers from a long way out but because I run a legal 4 watt radio not many of the truckers will respond to this "little" radio.

Quick Reply: WTS Uniden 520XL less than 1 week old, includes mount and cig lighter adaptor