Notices
JK Audio & Electronics This forum is dedicated for the selling of factory and aftermarket Jeep JK Wrangler audio equipment and electronics. This would include items such as stereo headunits, speaker systems, CB radios and GPS units.

WTT my 730n RHR for 430n RHB

Old 04-12-2017, 09:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sconnell80
What all are you looking to do, and what phone are you trying to use? I can do some research and know some people with both radios to test options.
Ultimately I'd want a HDD for my music, nav, I have a lockpick type system for my aftermarket camera and I'd like to make/receive calls and to receive texts with possible generic replies. I don't need Bluetooth streaming for audio or sirius travel link, don't use them. I'm military and can't use my phone while driving on base and most of the communication between me and co-workers is through texting. That's why the 730n rhr doesn't meet my needs. My current phone is from Verizon, the Droid turbo first edition but I'll be getting the Samsung Galaxy S8 in a week or two. Thanks for the help!
Old 04-12-2017, 04:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think your gonna find that even the RHB may not work with either of the phones you have. Not getting many good reviews for the texting with mygig radios. A lot of hit and miss. You may have to look into aftermarket radio's. I have an iPhone so the RHR will not work for texting for me but I will atleast be able to use bluetooth streaming for music and it is a better upgrde then my RER
Old 04-12-2017, 06:51 PM
JK Newbie

I've looked at after market but like the oem look. I'm just pissed from doing a month of research on which mygig would work in the Jeep then waiting for a good price and not seeing one article during all that research on the RHR not working with 99% of phones for texting. Everything else about the RHR is great though.
Old 04-22-2017, 06:49 AM
JK Newbie

Bump, now for sale or trade
Old 04-22-2017, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just an FYI, you're going to need the control module with a 430 if you want to make calls or stream music, the 730 has it built in. Ive had both radios and neither one will work as you want with any Verizon phone...I tried every single phone in the store with the store manager. Just gave up on most functions as it was a losing cause, my phone will not even play back voicemails through the 430 and you can't use voice to text functions either.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cg07sut
Just an FYI, you're going to need the control module with a 430 if you want to make calls or stream music, the 730 has it built in. Ive had both radios and neither one will work as you want with any Verizon phone...I tried every single phone in the store with the store manager. Just gave up on most functions as it was a losing cause, my phone will not even play back voicemails through the 430 and you can't use voice to text functions either.
Every phone? Dang. In my 2012 Ram, my uconnect would read texts to me but I can't remember which model it was. Same Verizon phone that I have now. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 04-25-2017, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Unfortunately yes, every phone. We spent hours testing.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cg07sut
Unfortunately yes, every phone. We spent hours testing.
Just found a way for the 730n rhr to read texts to me through the speaker. I installed the "Readittome" app and had it connected with BT Mono as the method. It only comes on when connected to the radio so it's just what I needed. Maybe this will help you and any others that are reading.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:26 PM
JK Newbie

I will be marking this as sold because I found a way to keep it and have it meet my needs.

Quick Reply: WTT my 730n RHR for 430n RHB