Notices
JK Bumpers & Armor This forum is dedicated for the selling of factory and aftermarket Jeep JK Wrangler bumpers and armor only. This would include items such as skid plates, rocker guards and differential covers.

Currie Tow Bar Mounting Plate - Skid Plate

Old 04-02-2010, 11:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Currie Tow Bar Mounting Plate - Skid Plate

Sold-Sold - We've changed front bumpers and our Currie Tow Bar mount/skid plate no longer fits. It's in great condition with no scratches or dings. Have all hardware and A-Arm ends that can be added to any standard A-Arm tow bracket. I've used it to pull our JK 2-3 times and it works great. The cheapest I've seen them is $199.99 plus shipping. I'll let this one go for $125.00 plus actual shipping charge. Will ship UPS. Located in Kansas City area...zip code 64060.

Here's a link to the product:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/92012_26.htm

Last edited by dgore2; 04-27-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you know what type of towbars this will work with?
Old 04-05-2010, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Should work with any of the A-frame type tow bars. I have a Reece Tow Champ adjustable A-frame tow bar. They all use basically the same size square steel legs. The tow plate comes with complementary brackets that fit it and bolt on to the end of which ever tow bar you get. To answer your question...I know it will work with the Reece A-frame tow bar and the one Currie sells. They look identical. You can check out the Currie setup here:

http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...t.aspx?id=1108

If you look at the tow bar in the picture you'll see that the brackets that are shown on the tow bar are not the ones needed to hook it to the skid/tow plate. The tow plate comes with part number CE-9033B which is shown further down the page. You remove the bracket that comes on the standard bar and replace it with CE-9033B. You can then see how it fits into the slots on the tow plate. It will also come with CE-9033P and CE-9033H and all the bolts and lock-nuts. This will be everything, along with the original instructions that you need to bolt it up.

Thanks,
David

Originally Posted by zxqwertyxz
Do you know what type of towbars this will work with?
Old 04-12-2010, 05:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

For anyone who's interested, I'd be willing to trade this for a set of KC driving lights (100w). Don't need the wiring or relay, just the lights. Prefer the Slimlites, but will consider any.

Thanks,
David
Old 04-18-2010, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'd be interested in any other trades as well.

Thanks,
David
Old 04-20-2010, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very interested! Plan on buying that exact part. No $ right now, but will check with you in a month or so to see if you still have it!
Old 04-23-2010, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds fine. Right now it's just sitting on a shelf in my garage waiting for a new owner!

Thanks.
Originally Posted by firemanmac
Very interested! Plan on buying that exact part. No $ right now, but will check with you in a month or so to see if you still have it!

Quick Reply: Currie Tow Bar Mounting Plate - Skid Plate