Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

2012 JK - How Do You Remove Interior Windshield, Floor and B Pillar Plastic Trim

Old 10-10-2011, 06:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Default 2012 JK - How Do You Remove Interior Windshield, Floor and Sub Plastic Trim

I"m ready to run the power wires and antenna cables to my CB and Ham. I see from the posts how to remove the side dash trim section to access the hole in the firewall.

How do you remove the black trim around the windshield? I can see you need to remove the visors and the corner bolts, is there a trick to popping out the plastic pieces after that?

How do you remove the lower side trim under the doors next to the carpet?

How do you remove the B Pillar trim between the front and rear doors?

How do you remove the trim around the speaker in the back to get the cables and ground wire there and then under the carpet?

I'd appreciate help with this. These things are why I always get a shop manual, but unfortunately Chrysler is apparantly not letting us buy them for the 2012s.

Last edited by bbolander; 10-22-2011 at 06:18 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have removed all the pieces except the sub enclosure. For the windshield trim it just pulls off once the sunvisors are off. The a pillar and b pillar pull off. The floor trim below the door pulls off once you remove the small "push in piece" next to the seat front brackets, kinda hard to miss.

I have a 2011 jku should be the same for the 2012

Take your time and it'll come apart for you!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:07 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AdvJeep
I have removed all the pieces except the sub enclosure. For the windshield trim it just pulls off once the sunvisors are off. The a pillar and b pillar pull off. The floor trim below the door pulls off once you remove the small "push in piece" next to the seat front brackets, kinda hard to miss.

I have a 2011 jku should be the same for the 2012

Take your time and it'll come apart for you!
Thanks, thats a big help. Should be doing it this weekend.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem have fun!
Old 10-18-2011, 07:24 PM
JK Freak

I found exactly the info I needed in the Project-JK midland install writeup, shows how to remove everything but the rear speaker enclosure.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:22 PM
JK Freak

well, tomorrow i need to get my ground wire to the rear speaker mount bolt. i see the two tie down bolts in the floor to remove the rear sub speaker enclosure, and i'm thinking i might be able just to remove the speaker cover itself and get to the bolt. any help on how to remove the rear sub enclosure would be helpful.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:03 AM
JK Freak

turns out to get behind behind the sub enclosure on the 2012s you remove the two floor tie down bolts and it will pull out a little at the bottom. the plastic at the seat belt snaps up pretty easily, and the front half attaches to the back half behind the roll bar with some clips. i found that getting the front half and back half separated wasn't easy so i used the rear tie down bolt location for my ground wire.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1013a.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	226894   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1014b.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	226895   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1015c.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	226896  

Last edited by bbolander; 10-22-2011 at 06:06 AM.

Quick Reply: 2012 JK - How Do You Remove Interior Windshield, Floor and B Pillar Plastic Trim