Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Antenna Routing

Old 12-31-2018, 02:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Antenna Routing

About to install a CB on my 07 JK using a mount on the spare tire mount. My concern is routing the cable “thru” the tailgate hinge. seems like most “expert “ CB site say to avoid flexing the antenna cable but this location will obviously expose the cable to repetitive flexing. Any advice? Has anyone experience problems with this?

Thanks
Old 01-17-2019, 06:58 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

I ran my cable down the passengers side under the plastic inside... and then out through the gate... I made sure that the cable was wire tied to the harness at the rear door - so the wire had an anchor to not get tangled or pinched. It has been there 8 years and has no problems yet as far as reception or wearing out. So I think you will be ok based on that experience...
Old 01-21-2019, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I check on my coax run, RG58 x 2, once in a while and have not seen any problems. Initially I had the same concern but really it doesn't move much (45 degrees at most).

Quick Reply: Antenna Routing