Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Bozos on Channel 6 - who are these guys?

Old 01-17-2012, 04:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Remember the great thing about CB's is that there are 39 other channels.........
The following users liked this post:
Dat (12-31-2019)
Old 01-18-2012, 04:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikekeeper
There are still rules that the FCC can enforce for power level and content. Whether they will or not with all of the budget cuts is another thing. Keep cutting taxes and you don't get any service anymore.
Sorry but I pay plenty of tax. They can keep cutting taxes and cut out all of the worthless earmarks and programs. Don't try to blame the FCC not enforcing this on lack of tax revenue.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

This thread is proof that THEY win! lol

I get some conversations occasionally from some dude who has a station in Hawaii talking to people from all over the U.S. I'm pretty sure he's pushin more than a couple watts.
It's gonna be rednecks like that who will survive the Zombie Apocalypse! And then when the aliens come to take over they will meet those channel 6 bandits and then have no doubt that its time to wipe out earth....
What were we talking about?
Old 01-18-2012, 06:46 AM
JK Freak

yep ,got um up here in Colorado too..........have to agree though with the whole alien thing....I think?
Old 01-18-2012, 07:00 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by pastorwug
Just called the FCC and lodged a complaint and it is as you just said - it's a complete free for all on the CB in America.
Not much they can do but they were surprised that the CB signal on Channel 6 was reaching across the entire US.
So, they said an agent would call me back about it, we'll see if that happens, I'm not holding my breath anyways.
Wish there was a way to block out Channel 6 from channel scans while on the road.
The thing is....CB is HF, and during the high sunspot activity (solar cycle), as it is now, HF signals can travel around the world, much less just the US. This is the main reason I posted this: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...Heads+Up+CBers way back in 08'.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh that's just the "superbowl" of CB radio you are hearing....those idiots are running thousands of watts of power. They have been doing it for years and years....good luck with the FCC.

Skip makes it all over the world...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUPdfm-okRQ
Old 01-18-2012, 06:22 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by OH9JK
Oh that's just the "superbowl" of CB radio you are hearing....those idiots are running thousands of watts of power. They have been doing it for years and years....good luck with the FCC.
I listened to the first 45 seconds of it and that was enough. So glad I don't have to listen to that crap anymore and still enjoy radio......
Old 01-19-2012, 02:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikekeeper
There are still rules that the FCC can enforce for power level and content. Whether they will or not with all of the budget cuts is another thing. Keep cutting taxes and you don't get any service anymore.
I guess if they cut taxes so far that the FCC can't enforce the wattage coming out of CB's, I'm willing to sacrifice listening to a bunch of idiots on 1 out if the 40 channels. Seriously, if you don't want to listen to it, change the channel.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:20 PM
JK Newbie

Hahaha I get it in wisconsin too
Old 01-25-2012, 04:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
The thing is....CB is HF, and during the high sunspot activity (solar cycle), as it is now, HF signals can travel around the world, much less just the US. This is the main reason I posted this: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...Heads+Up+CBers way back in 08'.
This guy hits it right on. I read his post a long time ago and totally agreed with it. CB channels are going to be crowded over the next few years, especially in the evenings. There are 39 other channels, yes. There is also an entire country of these CB jibberish rednecks choosing from those 40. It's going to be busy for a while.

Quick Reply: Bozos on Channel 6 - who are these guys?