Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Bozos on Channel 6 - who are these guys?

Old 01-26-2012, 06:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When i got my CB for my Dodge Dakota, i was hoping it would be useful for asking about traffic jams and conditions....disappointed by the jabbering idiots
Old 01-26-2012, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got em in CinciNasty too. I though it was local dipshits throwing handles. Wow Nationwide. I listen for 30 seconds once in a while and they are always on.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here in colorado i get skips from Mexico. Pretty annoying
Old 01-27-2012, 07:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont have a cb yet so I dont have personal experience with these goobers, but all I want to know is what is the point of running major wattage just so people can hear you babble?
Old 01-27-2012, 12:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by The_Yeti
Thats probably pueblo
Old 01-27-2012, 06:31 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by D_engel
I dont have a cb yet so I dont have personal experience with these goobers, but all I want to know is what is the point of running major wattage just so people can hear you babble?
It makes them feel like they have a big penis.....
Old 01-27-2012, 06:32 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by The_Yeti
We usually get it from Asia, but it moves around a little during the day.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OH9JK
....those idiots are running thousands of watts of power ...
]
When you say thousands, you're not kidding. I've read where some of these guys are running in the neighborhood of 15-25 kW. Ouch. I'm getting too much RF exposure just thinking about it.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:20 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by CBrNoMore
When you say thousands, you're not kidding. I've read where some of these guys are running in the neighborhood of 15-25 kW. Ouch. I'm getting too much RF exposure just thinking about it.
Well I doubt many are running that much power, but I know some have managed to get their hands on old radio broadcasting equipment which would be crazy wattage. For the most part, many of them are running maybe 3k at the most.....maybe 10 if they got a hold of a good old Henry amp. Good antenna's and antenna elevation has a lot to do with it, as even 100 watts up at 200 feet will sound like thousands. Especially at this time in the solar cycle.

Think about this..... During the last solar cycle I built a very good, but still fairly small, 4 element, 10m monoband yagi. I only had it up around 40 feet. One day the propagation was so good that I decided to do some experimenting. From here in AK. I hooked up with some guys all up and down the east coast. At that time I only had about a 600 watt amp. I would first start the qso at the full 600w, and then would slowly turn it down as we talked....getting reports all the way. At first my signal reports were 5/9 plus 30-40 db over. By the end, I had gone down to 5........yes I said 5 watts, and was STILL getting solid 5/9 reports.

So that right there should tell you the benefits of good antennas, elevation, and fantastic propagation. Add a couple thousand watts to that and what are you going to get? Probably some really pissed off neighbors....

Last edited by AK4Dave; 01-28-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Update today - just got a call back from the FCC - they said they would begin an investigation when manpower permitted (aka never) and that they would report back to me when they find out something.
Anyway - at least they took the time to call back after lodging my initial complaint.

Quick Reply: Bozos on Channel 6 - who are these guys?