Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Bozos on Channel 6 - who are these guys?

Old 04-06-2013, 10:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't say the FCC really cares much about CB. Channel 6 is what it is no matter what state you are in. Ever since Riley Hollingsworth stepped down from his job at the FCC, the enforcement action has been stepped down. Trying to clean up the CB band is a lost cause. Most of the enforcement on CB results from CB interfering with other services or complaints of RFI.

I keep threatening to install my CB in my jeep, but I often ask myself why?

I have a 2 meter radio in the jeep and it works great on and off the trail. FM mode sounds so much better than AM.
I use my radio to talk during my commute to and from work. I never have to listen to all that junk you hear on the CB. The jeep folks I hang out with all have ham license.
The jeep clubs should make it a requirement for the members to have a 2 meter radio on the jeep runs instead of CB.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I hear those clowns here in New York! You can't even understand what they are saying. They sound like a redneck auctioneer!
Old 04-07-2013, 05:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikekeeper
There are still rules that the FCC can enforce for power level and content. Whether they will or not with all of the budget cuts is another thing. Keep cutting taxes and you don't get any service anymore.
damn the fcc encorcement , cut my taxes . in can always change channels and yes i hear them here in south carolina , also some guy that says HOLA ,'hola , hola like 5000 times in a row
Old 04-11-2013, 10:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Take the Test

If you get a ham license then YOU can ignore them.
The following users liked this post:
Dat (12-31-2019)
Old 05-09-2013, 04:03 PM
JK Freak

Heard these guys for the first time today after putting my CB in two days ago. It was mildly entertaining for about two minutes, then it just got annoying. The guy that says "bye bye bye" a hundred times identifies himself from Georgia. And I hear them bleeding over into other channels as well. My question is am I going to be able to transmit to the Jeep 200 hundred yards behind me on the trail with all of this going on?
Old 05-09-2013, 10:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just use a channel other than 6 and far enough away that you don't hear the bleed over. If you here one of those guys from channel 6 on all 40, then he's local. But if people are 200 yards away you shouldn't have trouble communicating. Turn your squelch all the way up.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:32 AM
JK Freak

Sounds good. Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:30 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Ah,the days of high powered cb's.Need to bring out the good stuff too.You could always use USB/LSB or higher channels to get away
Old 05-15-2013, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

I actually heard this the other day too. my gf and I gave each other a pretty funny look after listening to it for a couple seconds. but anyhow. My jeep club uses channel 5, I haven't been on it for a while but I hope it doesn't bleed over into it.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:39 AM
JK Freak

When I drove an 18 wheeler cross country, I hated guys like that on 19. I would end up turning my radio off for a while...and turned it back on a few times to find them still there....they were traveling the same way I was...lol

Quick Reply: Bozos on Channel 6 - who are these guys?