Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Can i secure my antenna with thread locker?

Old 04-18-2011, 05:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was also concerned about theft after installing my Firestik. I ended up heating shrink tube over the bottom of the antenna. Certainly not full-proof, but maybe enough of a deterrent.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
that red stuff works don't it...???!!!

I was going to share the ATAS antenna between the truck and jeep. Went to take it off and.... It ain't going no where but, no thief is walking away with it either.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would steer away from thread lock myself. Good job on the heat shrink. a thief may end up twisting your mount all to hell trying to unscrew a lock-tighted antenna
Old 04-24-2011, 05:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Frozenman
I would steer away from thread lock myself. Good job on the heat shrink. a thief may end up twisting your mount all to hell trying to unscrew a lock-tighted antenna
That is one good point. And i noticed that when tight it is almost impossible to remove by hand, so the thief would have to have two right sized tools. I'll look to the heat shrink option.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

A good quality "quick dis-connect"; and run the antenna only when you're in the car?

Don't forget to re-tune the antenna after you add the add'l length provided by the quick disco.

Last edited by JINGLES; 04-24-2011 at 09:21 AM. Reason: add'l thought
Old 04-24-2011, 09:21 AM
JK Super Freak

If you have to worry about an antenna being stolen...move.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2011, 09:44 AM
JK Newbie

Default Great Idea

too bad this is not for me. I pass through the car wash once or twice a week and I have to remove antenna.... Grrrr
To Bad Its not a Perfect world..... But then again if it were perfect it would be BORING...
Old 01-22-2019, 12:24 AM
JK Newbie

Default UV Resin information

UV Curable Adhesives or simple UV Adhesives (also referred to as Light Curing Adhesives) are single component compounds designed for precision bonding and are widely used in the manufacturing of glassware, optical devices, and medical equipment. These adhesives are preferred for industries where transparency and stability are the primary needs.

UV Resin by Parlite | UV Curable Adhesives | Windshield Repair Resin

Old 05-06-2019, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Chispas
too bad this is not for me. I pass through the car wash once or twice a week and I have to remove antenna.... Grrrr
To Bad Its not a Perfect world..... But then again if it were perfect it would be BORING...
Do you cap the open connector when going through the wash? If not water gets in and corrodes the connector and depending on which style it can trickle down to the coax and rust it out.

Quick Reply: Can i secure my antenna with thread locker?