Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

CB with Bluetooth

Old 08-14-2014, 07:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CB with Bluetooth

Anyone using a CB with Bluetooth? If so which one and do you like it?
Old 08-15-2014, 04:41 AM
JK Newbie

hey
I've been looking into the same recently and have talked to a few people. the Cobra 29 LX BT seems like its a nice radio. the caller id function works well and the display seems good. people who have experience with it generally give it a thumbs up. I have yet to try it, but its on the top of my list. the only thing that's holding me back is once on a trail, you're at the mercy of cell reception if you're still thinking of Bluetooth option. so in that case, my other option is to get a much cheaper radio and a nicer Bluetooth set for in/ near city comms.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Seems kind of gimmicky... having phone calls paired with a CB when most radio's these days already have bluetooth enabled which does the same?
It would be different if the speaker output was bluetooth so you could pair the CB with your stereo or the microphone being bluetooth so you could use a hands free kit and have the CB mounted out of the way.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't heard of this but that sounds rather cool.

Mind my asking how the bluetooth depends on cell reception? I would understand it as the Jeep is connected to the CB via bluetooth so your audio plays on your speakers and uconnect picks up your voice?
Old 08-15-2014, 10:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Vladimer
I haven't heard of this but that sounds rather cool.

Mind my asking how the bluetooth depends on cell reception? I would understand it as the Jeep is connected to the CB via bluetooth so your audio plays on your speakers and uconnect picks up your voice?

I was just referring to the general cell reception if in a rural area/trail. a couple that I go on, I loose reception, therefore my Bluetooth is pointless because I'm not making any calls anyways. but CB would still be alright.
neat idea anyways.
Old 08-17-2014, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the feed back. I'm in good area where reception is good 90% of the time.
I'll be doing this in the near future.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CoreyZ
Seems kind of gimmicky... having phone calls paired with a CB when most radio's these days already have bluetooth enabled which does the same?
It would be different if the speaker output was bluetooth so you could pair the CB with your stereo or the microphone being bluetooth so you could use a hands free kit and have the CB mounted out of the way.
This function is more for the truck drivers so they can make phone calls using the CB radio, or so I read

[h=1]AjeepNamed_Ox[/h]
Old 02-26-2017, 01:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

For those wondering why have BT, one thing, and I'm not condoning it, is talking on your cell phone can be illegal, using a CB is exempt from most mobile laws.
Old 02-26-2017, 05:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by axendo79
For those wondering why have BT, one thing, and I'm not condoning it, is talking on your cell phone can be illegal, using a CB is exempt from most mobile laws.
are you saying you can use your CB and mic to make phone calls? I am thinking this takes cellular phones to a whole new level of poor communication devices - "hey, I'll just take my really crappy audio for phone calls cell phone and pair it up through my CB with even worse fidelity and have a winner".
Old 02-28-2017, 01:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yep, 2 steps forward, 1 step back type of deal. To be fair, BT quality itself isn't bad, remember, you aren't using the CB antenna to make a call, just the CB mic and maybe speaker if not paired through your Jeep.

Originally Posted by zstairlessone
are you saying you can use your CB and mic to make phone calls? I am thinking this takes cellular phones to a whole new level of poor communication devices - "hey, I'll just take my really crappy audio for phone calls cell phone and pair it up through my CB with even worse fidelity and have a winner".

Quick Reply: CB with Bluetooth