Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

CB External speaker question???

Old 05-31-2007, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CB External speaker question???

Can you hook up a jack from the external speaker plug in a CB to the AUX jack in the factory radio to monitor the CB?
Old 06-01-2007, 04:29 AM
JK Freak

The external Microphone output from a CB is a high level output (meant to drive it's own speaker), and could potentially screw up the low level aux input on the head unit.

Just a guess though.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

A little more on this....https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/aux-input-8993/
Old 06-02-2007, 05:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks. I think I will just stick with the external speaker. I like the set up in the pics.

On a separate note, what resides behind the two "caps" that are marked "Sway bar" and "Axle Lock" if I dont have those options? I was thinking about mounting a couple of toggle switches there to control fogs and driving lights. Do those caps just pop off?

Last edited by CommanderJB; 06-02-2007 at 05:57 AM.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CommanderJB
Thanks. I think I will just stick with the external speaker. I like the set up in the pics.

On a separate note, what resides behind the two "caps" that are marked "Sway bar" and "Axle Lock" if I dont have those options? I was thinking about mounting a couple of toggle switches there to control fogs and driving lights. Do those caps just pop off?

That has been covered here.......

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/blank-swith-plate-removal-6392/

Quick Reply: CB External speaker question???