Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

CB Install into Fuse Panel?

Old 08-13-2009, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CB Install into Fuse Panel?

I am almost ready to put my CB in but I was wondering how I can wire the CB into a spare fuse spot on the fuse panel. I want to do this to avoid splicing into my cig outlets or any other factory wires. The wires for the CB have their own fuses so I just want to know pros/cons of doing this and if it is possible, which fuse area do I wire to?
Old 08-13-2009, 10:04 AM
JK Freak

I didn't splice anything or use the fuse panel. Power from the batt. grounded and was good to go. I know some like having their accs only when the key is turned on, but it doesnt bother me. I don't do electrical work that often I really hate it to be honest. But the CB install was easy for me and I felt comfortable doing it. I could be wrong (somebody will correct me) but the fuse with the CB should be good enough.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks, I really want it to power it with the acc power though. I am just trying to figure out what I should do to power it throught the fuse panel as I don't do electrical work very much but know this is simple enough for me (given the proper info).
Old 08-13-2009, 10:23 AM
JK Freak

I'm pretty sure the only way to do that is to splice into the cig lighter, due to the wiring harness or something. Not sure tho, I hope someone with more insight can help ya out better.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Okay, I have heard of this being done on other models of vehicles so I am hoping it can be done on my JK. Thanks for your help!
Old 08-13-2009, 01:26 PM
JK Newbie

I don't see why something that draws as little power as a CB couldn't be routed directly to the fuse panel. My LJ (and every other vehicle I've had) has been done this way.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

You can tap into the Run/Acc relay output at the fuse box. Connect 6 pin 26. That's what I used for switched power on my KC's. Good luck!
Old 08-14-2009, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JimmyJoe
You can tap into the Run/Acc relay output at the fuse box. Connect 6 pin 26. That's what I used for switched power on my KC's. Good luck!
Awesome, Thats exactly what I was wanting to hear! Thanks for the info.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

You can also tap into the Front Seat Heater or Rear Seat Heater. Your owner's manual actually tells you which fuse slots these circuits are. I have neither feature installed in my JK, but the open slots on the fuse box are sitting there just in case. If you tapped into either of these feeds, the power would be ACC switched. Therefore, no CB when the Jeep is switched off. I went ahead and powered straight off my battery, but ended up with a bunch of noise coming over the MIC whenever my engine is running. I'm still trying to sort that out, but it's definitely not associated with the power feed from the battery because it goes away when my antenna is removed. Good luck with your install.

Quick Reply: CB Install into Fuse Panel?