Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

CB Questions for everyone!

Old 05-21-2017, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by coolhand129
Absolutely Ferrite chocked on coax. Stray RF comes back into "the shack" on the outside of the coax. I would get the large size and make at least 3 loops through the ferrite bead.
Chokes on coax can adversely alter the RF transmission characteristics, along with looping coax. I'm pretty sure the OP isn't really interested in RF transmission theory. Clamp-on cores are easy to place on impacted audio and power circuits and make for quick and cheap first steps. The added voodoo blowback from cores on coax or loops isn't worth it for a CB issue on a Jeep forum. I've never used / needed a choke on a coax mobile installation in my 30 years of wrangling the little RF pixies
Old 05-23-2017, 05:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by coolhand129
Absolutely Ferrite chocked on coax. Stray RF comes back into "the shack" on the outside of the coax. I would get the large size and make at least 3 loops through the ferrite bead.
The idea of co-axial shielded cable is to prevent these issues. If the cable is the problem change it
Old 05-24-2017, 09:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It comes back down the coax from the RF radiation of the antenna, not the coax. It is a common problem with HF radios. Just google it.

Quick Reply: CB Questions for everyone!