Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

CB quick removal help. Uniden 520xl

Old 06-02-2017, 03:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CB quick removal help. Uniden 520xl

Hello. I have a Uniden 520 mounted up in the jeep. I am going to take the hardtop of though and would like to be able to remove the cb quickly for security and rain etc.

My question is can the power cord be disconnected at the box? Doesnt seem so, but maybe I am missing something. If not can bullet connecters or such be put inline on the 12v or will that cause interference?
Old 06-02-2017, 04:03 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MAJKF
Hello. I have a Uniden 520 mounted up in the jeep. I am going to take the hardtop of though and would like to be able to remove the cb quickly for security and rain etc. My question is can the power cord be disconnected at the box? Doesnt seem so, but maybe I am missing something. If not can bullet connecters or such be put inline on the 12v or will that cause interference?
Splice in some Anderson Power Pole connectors. That should work for you on the power.
Old 06-02-2017, 04:15 AM
JK Newbie

Will look tlfor those thanks!

Quick Reply: CB quick removal help. Uniden 520xl