Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Denver / Colorado Springs Repeater Reference List

Old 03-04-2019, 12:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Denver / Colorado Springs Repeater Reference List

I'm new to ham radio and want to program repeaters in my radio for wheeling outside the Denver / Colorado Springs area. Mostly, I'm looking for communications should something go wrong on the trail.

I've found many repeater lists online, but not sure which are best for communications when wheeling. If someone can direct me to a good reference for repeaters in Colorado that are useful for wheeling, then I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Smitty
KJ0EEP
Old 03-04-2019, 10:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey Smitty, welcome to ham radio.

As you have probably figured out already, no repeater list is fully accurate. The one I use the most is Repeaterbook.com. It too has its flaws, but from my personal experience it has fewer inaccurate listings than most because users can send updates and corrections.

Beyond the world of lists, once you find a local repeater you can ask others on the air for repeater frequencies that meet your needs and coverage of the areas you'll be wheeling. Also, there is likely a local ham club(s) that can help out with the info. And lastly, while a given repeater may cover the area you're in, many repeaters are ghost towns - no one is ever around to respond, just something to be aware of in your travels (sometimes simplex on 146.520 may be your best bet).

Shawn WB6JWB
Old 04-01-2019, 07:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those stopping by, here are some good lists of repeaters for Colorado.

https://wiki.radioreference.com/inde...rs_in_Colorado
https://www.repeaterbook.com/repeate...hp?state_id=08

Quick Reply: Denver / Colorado Springs Repeater Reference List