JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK CB & HAM Radios (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-cb-ham-radios-128/)
-   -   HAM OP Roll Call...... (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-cb-ham-radios-128/ham-op-roll-call-66777/)

TXEMT 02-03-2009 07:08 PM

Oh yeah

Got my new license today... KE5YYZ

AK4Dave 02-07-2009 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by TXEMT (Post 928874)
Got my new license today... KE5YYZ

Welcome Kilo Echo Five Yankee Yankee Zulu...!!!....has a nice ring to it.
Be sure and list what license you got......Tech, General, Extra?

73 & Have Fun...!!!

renegadelt1 02-07-2009 03:17 PM

KF4ZEL "general" Daytona,FL.

phouck 02-07-2009 05:22 PM

Tech class here...KC9LIT :thumbsup:

AK4Dave 02-07-2009 10:08 PM

Welcome, welcome...:thumbsup:

I was also thinking besides just checking in, maybe it would be nice to hear why you decided to become a HAM op and what appeals to you most about HAM radio? Also possibly what your goals might be?

With as many venues as there are in HAM radio, I think it would be interesting to all to hear what direction you are heading towards, and why? Maybe what gear you have your sights on? Weather it's just to have a tricked out mobile station for the JK, or a full fledged, hi power HF shack and antenna farm. What has got you dreamin' about?

73 and Let us know...

Dave / wl7cmg

AK4Dave 02-07-2009 10:14 PM

HAM Radio Phonetics

For those of you that don't know your phonetics.....here they are.

Memorize them...:thumbsup:

Phonetic Alphabet
A Alpha
B Bravo
C Charlie
D Delta
E Echo
F Foxtrot
G Golf
H Hotel
I India
J Juliet
K Kilo
L Lima
M Mike
N November
O Oscar
P Papa
Q Quebec
R Romeo
S Sierra
T Tango
U Uniform
V Victor
W Whiskey
X X-ray
Y Yankee
Z Zulu

phouck 02-08-2009 06:37 AM

I actually got my license so that I could legally put a transmiter for video in a high powered rocket that I built, but I'm thinking since I've already got my license I should start digging into the hobby and maybe get a mobile rig going in my JK.

TXEMT 02-10-2009 02:25 PM

I decided to go for my Technician Amateur Radio Operator license a few months ago, when I was part of a disaster drill with one of the local hospitals and EMS. I liked the action and saw a few hams participating there. As an EMT and a ham, I feel I can really be part of a good team. So a few months later I took the test and got my license. I actually made my first contact when I was working at EMS.

zoomzoomjr 02-10-2009 03:52 PM

I passed my Tech at 6:30 pm, but couldn't pass the Gen... I didn't study for it and it was the first time I saw it. However I did get 18... Hey a free peek is great. :synister:
I got it to have it. It sounds like fun, and for such a cheap fee, why not try.
Now I have to work on the vanity call I want. I know I want it to end with 4 India Mike Foxtrot, for I am Ef... :D
:ya::ya::ya:

AK4Dave 02-10-2009 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by TXEMT (Post 940692)
I decided to go for my Technician Amateur Radio Operator license a few months ago, when I was part of a disaster drill with one of the local hospitals and EMS. I liked the action and saw a few hams participating there. As an EMT and a ham, I feel I can really be part of a good team. So a few months later I took the test and got my license. I actually made my first contact when I was working at EMS.

I really want to thank you for becoming a HAM. Being an EMT AND a HAM there is no telling how much good you can do. You never know when you may here a MAYDAY over the air close to you. A first responder WITH training is hard to beat...!!!

Now that I think about it, even if you heard a MAYDAY over the air and it wasn't close to you, you still could work somebody through a possible emergency all over the air.
FANTASTIC...!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
All the Best....
Dave / wl7cmg