Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Installed Cobra 75 and it wont turn on and my lighter isn't working

Old 04-26-2009, 08:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed Cobra 75 and it wont turn on and my lighter isn't working

Ok, so I just got finished installing the cobra 75 along with the CoolTech UltraMount CB Antenna System and VersaMount. The problem is that the Cobra 75 won't power on! I hooked up the power to the existing leads for the right power socket. Two things one, the Cobara 75 won't turn on, and two the power socket don't seem to be working eitheir.

What do you guys think could be the problem? Could it be a fuse?
Old 04-26-2009, 09:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah you def blew a fuse, m36 is the fuse for the power port, m6 for the lighter

the question is though why did it blow try changing it and see what happens, did you disconnect battery when you did the wiring? if not that could have caused it. You could wire the cb direct to the battery also to avoid blowing fuse.

Good Luck

p.s. you do remember that outlet only works with key on.....also its a 20amp fuse, check the inline fuse that came with your cb, just to make sure you dont need one of them before you run to store

Last edited by tkob1060; 04-26-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking at the wrong fuse, I thought it was M7. As for why it blew, can be attributed to the fact that it has a 15amp fuse in the M36 slot

Being that I am the second owner of this vehicle, I have to think it had to be him. So what does M7 go to? It says Power Port #2... Well what ever it is it is missing its fuse for the night. I will pick up some extra ones on the way to work in the morning. All I have to say is thank you tkob1060! I finished installing it at around midnight, only to find that it didn't work. So finally at 3am, which I have to say isn't bad...all issues have been resolved.

I think I am going to look the fuse box over tomorrow night and make sure very thing is in order.

P.S. Power Port #3 does not require a key It is hooked up directly to the battery, hints the little battery on the cover. However the one closest to the driver side does require a key.

Thanks Again!!!!

Last edited by Techguy; 04-26-2009 at 11:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Installed Cobra 75 and it wont turn on and my lighter isn't working