Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Mounting CB Antenna to RR Rear Bumper

Old 04-25-2009, 10:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Mounting CB Antenna to RR Rear Bumper--Update

Hey all. Just picked up the Cool Tech kit (Cobra 75 WXST, Firestik 4', all the coax, and the dash mic mount), along with an antenna Q/D, this all comes in on the 30th.

I've never installed a CB in any of my past rigs, but it looks pretty straight forward. The only difference is I don't want to mount my antenna to the license plate as the Cool Tech mount provides. I'd rather mount it to my rear bumper on the passenger side.

Put the antenna where the X is:

I found this on walcott CB...I would have to drill a 1/2" hole in the bumper, but I'm planning on running this mount with the LL Cool Tech Kit. Is this the mount I would need to essentially flush mount the antenna to that part of the bumper?

The Mount:
http://www.walcottcb.com/firestik-k4...ath=28_353_432

I've also been looking at spring mounts...would this work with the Q/D mount, or would I have to use either or? I'd like to get the antenna mounted in that location, and be able to pop it off (or bend it over with a spring mount) when not using it, and having a low profile mount where the antenna was removed.

Any inputs appreciated!

Last edited by Cedo Nulli; 04-28-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Only concern I have is the first pinstriping session could take the antenna out but a flex mount could probably remediate that.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:40 PM
JK Super Freak

I edited the original post...looking at a new mount. Has anyone used this type of mount before?
Old 04-29-2009, 09:41 PM
JK Super Freak

I've decided not to go with this idea. I purchased both the Or-Fab Tire Carrier and the teraflex third brake light that have an antenna mount built in to both units, I will install on either one of those.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

I used the Cool Tech antenna mount. I put it in the license plate like they recommend, and it looks great. I wired the coaxial cable through the grommet in the rear light housing like they recomment, but then I just ran it under the roll cage padding up to the front. I mounted the CB up on the top of the windsheid above the mirror. It's out of the way and readily accessible. You can't do it this way if you ever want to fold down the windshield, but I can't think of any reason why I would want to drive along and get bugs in my teeth.

Quick Reply: Mounting CB Antenna to RR Rear Bumper