Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

TJ Style CB Mount

Old 07-07-2007, 08:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TJ Style CB Mount

Well folks, I had this same Cobra CB in about 5 TJ's, and liked where it sat. For those of you who had TJ's, ya know what I am talkin about. New Jeepers- there was a screw between the steering column and center stack that held a piece of dash in place. Pretty much everyone and their mother who had the Cobra 75 used this screw to mount the hanger- no drilling required.

I looked at a few of the other options for mounting, and was tempted by the cooltech and similar solutions to the right of the radio, but I leave mine in 24/7, and didn't want to flaunt it anymore than I had to...Behind the steering wheel its somewhat secluded but perfectly within reach. Drill one hole and you are done.

On a related note, if you have owned one of these CB's for a while you probably had your plastic button on the rear snap off. Well just replace it with a washer, right? I did too... And then the damned thing squeeked and squaked for years...Heck, that thing would squeek if you cut gas the wrong way... So I tried the usual fixers- tape around the washer, crisco, etc... finally ran into some Dupli-Color truck bedliner in a spray can (kinda like rhino or herculiner but not as rubbery). Hit the mounting bracket and washer/button with a few coats and am happy to report I haven't heard a sound from them in 2 weeks. Gotta love it! And the bracket looks better in black as well.

Quick Reply: TJ Style CB Mount