Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Where is your CB mounted?

Old 06-05-2007, 02:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go to the battery. no antenna don't need to clear the top but it does help if she does.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just make sure the load of any antenna (top coil section if you use a firestick) is in the clear as this is where most of the energy radiates from. If you have about 1/3 of the antenna length in the clear you should be fine for CB use. For the license plate mount a 4' is ideal.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rugbyduck
I have mine mounted above the rear view mirror. Have the Uniden 520 so it's small. Fits nicely bolted through the plastic header above.
Here you go!
Click image for larger version

Name:	101_0115 - Copy.JPG
Views:	346
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	1990
Old 06-06-2007, 01:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BARNO
I'm mounting my CB similar to Sixgunz, although I am no electrician for autos. Where can I wire into? Thanks.

I drilled a hole just to the right of the battery carrier (if looking at it from the front) and around 3" below the top. I ran a direct hot wire to the + terminal of the battery & grounded the - to a bolt near the fuse block. This hole is easy access if you remove the glove box & push the wires from the engine compartment & grab them from the glove box side. With the glove box removed, it's an easy feed of wire to where the stereo sits.

I'll try & take pics tomorrow.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Radio Mounts

I need to mount my CB, 2-Meter and Marine radios plus antennas. I had them in my 05 Unlimited with the antennas and GPS in the hardtop roof and CB antenna on the windshield as a glass mount.

Not sure I want to mount antennas on the roof again and no decision on where the radios will go since I spend half time in a high crime city and half in no crime Maine.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:35 AM
JK Freak

Just a follow up that I purchased the arizona rocky road mount (and some coax) that goes on the spare tire bolts. Installation was quick. Essentially taking off the spare tire and removing two bolts. I opted for a 2 foot antenna (got a Wilson locally) - that kept me just a hair under 7 feet on my JK - enough to get in the daily parking garage.

For the coax - from the outside of the gate I ran the coax from the antenna behind the spare tire mount, through that louver piece (put it through one of them), then out to the inside on the gate where the third break wires run inside that plastic molding across the inside of the gate. From there I ran it down the side and then out and under the carpet to the front. I did pull the back speaker to slip the coax behind the bottom speaker mounts).

I like the mount - the guy at arizona rock road was great - he responded to each and every email and sent things out as expected. I can post pics later if any one wants them. Before I got the mount I had gone out to home depot to get some bolts and a piece of metal - but after thinking about it I just figured for the price it was worth buying the mount.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:37 PM
JK Newbie

I have mounted my Uniden under the front seat facing forward on my 03 Rubicon. I used an external speaker mounted up front. With the CB under the seat all I need to do is set the channel before the Jeep run and from the seat I can reach down and adjust the squelch and the volume. It is out of site and easy to reach. Just an idea. I am currently makeing the bracket for the new JK.

Quick Reply: Where is your CB mounted?