Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

~~~Cheap and easy LED Rock Lights!~~~

Old 05-27-2015, 12:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rfc89747
Question about the wiring. I have a sPOD. Do I just run one power wire around the vehicle and tap into it with each led (same with the ground), or do I run each wire back to the sPOD and just put them all under the same switch?
you can just tap them all into the same wire.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is an old thread but I'm planning on doing this install this weekend. One question, do I need to put a fuse anywhere in the circuit? I have an inline fuse with some spare 5amp fuses that I thought I'd throw in somewhere to be safe but if I don't need it then I won't bother.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:22 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by kevin.graves35
I know this is an old thread but I'm planning on doing this install this weekend. One question, do I need to put a fuse anywhere in the circuit? I have an inline fuse with some spare 5amp fuses that I thought I'd throw in somewhere to be safe but if I don't need it then I won't bother.
No fuse needed this circuit will utilize the the factory dome light fuse in the factory fuse box.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:59 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by whpony96
No fuse needed this circuit will utilize the the factory dome light fuse in the factory fuse box.
Great thanks! Just curious, how are your lights holding up? Are you still using them or have you changed things up?
Old 08-07-2017, 11:07 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by kevin.graves35
Great thanks! Just curious, how are your lights holding up? Are you still using them or have you changed things up?
I had a couple of the LEDs fail but the company sent me out replacements free of charge. As for the functionality of the circuit everything works perfectly and not a single alteration or change as been made.
Old 10-03-2017, 02:27 PM
JK Newbie

Very cool, thanks for the write up and for still being involved!

Quick Reply: ~~~Cheap and easy LED Rock Lights!~~~