Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2011 JK Fog Light to 2007-2009 Fog Lights

Old 08-09-2011, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 JK Fog Light to 2007-2009 Fog Lights

http://www.quadratec.com/products/97047_1001.htm

If I bought this and installed and replaced all wiring harness etc with ones in this kit. Can i run H10 bulb foglamps instead of crap I got on right now?. Just curious since I have my card out ready to order... my stock ones melted thanks to HID kit... so Im gonna replace my 2011 ones with these while I get IPF headlamps?
Old 08-09-2011, 07:53 PM
JK Freak

Unless you plan on running the fogs off of a relay, no. The CANBUS system will shut down any bulbs over 24watts.

Did you melt the housings or the wiring harness? If just the housings, people sell factory foglights in the for sale section all the time.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 20JK10
Unless you plan on running the fogs off of a relay, no. The CANBUS system will shut down any bulbs over 24watts.

Did you melt the housings or the wiring harness? If just the housings, people sell factory foglights in the for sale section all the time.
I ran 35w HID kit and had no issues? even if i put the harnes that comes with the kit I linked you id run into trouble?
Old 08-11-2011, 12:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The harness isn't realy the problem. The electronics in our Jeeps is pretty intelligent. It knows what is supposed to be connected to it. And it monitors it fairly closely. So, if the Jeep thinks that there is a problem, it may shut the system down. Changing the lamp wattage has been considered a problem for some people. And not so much for others. For best results it may be desirable to stay close to the OEM rated lamps.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was being lazy and just connected my Lightforce 170s to the factory fog wiring with their 75W bulbs. There is a 3 second delay before they come on and they come on one at a time. It's annoying but they don't shut down once they are on. It sill annoys me enough that I am going to buy the Lightforce wiring kit an run dedicated power and a new switch. I'll find some smaller lights for the factory wiring.

Quick Reply: 2011 JK Fog Light to 2007-2009 Fog Lights